Here's a "What the...?" is it Find

MikeS

Found this at a local antique show and could not resist the unknown.... Appears to have the look of a military item of some type. Some kind of wheel chock? Shown with pen for scale, weighs a bit over 11#s and has lots of spikes on the bottom. Stamped with "WE21779" on one end. Made of white oak and the bolts go through it lengthwise.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Best regards,

- Mike

post-5950-0-94624800-1373742946.jpg

Johnny Signor

Wheel chock no question ...............................

Best bet for an ID unless someone on the forum recognizes it "service" is to look at old aircraft photos that are on the gorund parked in lines etc , you may find the type in one ...........................

That color is a standard 'Apple Green' that a crap load of civilian wood and iron tools, and tool boxes of the 30's 40's were painted, looks like the chocks my grandpa had for working on his car! I believe he originally bought them for his 36 Ford, according to my Dad.

Sparrow

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...
marineflyer

It is an indigenus wheel chock, some green, some black, some red, some yellow. Painters choice. Richard

As others have said a wheel chock. I have one out in the garage identical but black and marked to a local Fire dept.

Ken