My collection part 2, new beginning

zljones

Underwater Mechanic CPO rating started in February 1948, lasted until April 1948 then rating was eliminated. Looks like he wants to take that UM from me

post-14426-0-42616000-1377220552.jpg

1905-1913 style Turret Captain CPO, I am shocked I got this for as cheap as it was.

Jason and I both must already have one. :)

Your picking up some great stuff. Taking the hobby back by storm!

-Jay

LOL yea, the heavy hitters were not smashing that one too hard, I did get beat down on that Master At Arms CPO though, that went a little high. I did not expect to find this stuff so fast, I guess these all come in groups, late Summer/early Fall seems like the times when good rates come up.

Jason and I both must already have one. :)

Your picking up some great stuff. Taking the hobby back by storm!

-Jay

Yep,

I thought I was crazy dropping a huge amount on those navy and other sea service rates I bought from a long time collector. But if on ebay I would of probably paid all most double. Still can't believe what some of the 1905-1913 rates went for and those USRS rates brought.

Yea the popularity of those suddenly exploded. I think I have only seen the TC once on Ebay, and the MAA and Sailmaker ever on Ebay in that style. Some of those other don't appear either like the Boatswain's Mate.

You have found some remarkable pieces in a very short period.

Good hunting for your remaining pieces.

Let me know if you'd like one of my CPO check-off sheets.

-dan

You have found some remarkable pieces in a very short period.

Good hunting for your remaining pieces.

Let me know if you'd like one of my CPO check-off sheets.

-dan

Thanks, looks like I came back at the right time. I pretty much will not need to buy many more heavy hitters from pre war thanks to all these beauties that came up.

This one totally flew under the radar http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWI-U-S-Navy-Dress-Blue-Jumper-4yr-service-strips-Master-Arms-Crow-Faces-/300948982608?nma=true&si=8Wiw4S4xiYbcS2xuyky7smdgpuk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_103wt_1162

It's a civilian middie uniform but some how has a regulation U.S. Navy rating badge on it

Here is the patch after I removed it.

post-14426-0-45705600-1377739440.jpg