Please help! Unidentified medal ribbon

wildkatz222

uniformcollector

It VERY vaguely resembles the NDNG service ribbon but, I am sure that it is not that. I also know that it is no US armed forces award since 1941, no US government award, no National Guard award, no authorized foreign award for the US to wear, no commemorative US award and no US Police award. I will keep looking though.

wildkatz222

I was told that this was an early wwii eame medal ribbon but it was changed later. But I could not find any information on that. Could that be correct?

Thanks

uniformcollector

I am not sure. I have never heard of another eame ribbon but, there have been prototypes of other medals. Maybe that is what you have.

• 4 weeks later...

wildkatz222

With all the work that went into developing the three WWII campaign medals, I doubt there were any prototypes or "first" styles made, or issued. I'd like to see any records of that.

What is this ribbon attached to? Maybe a photo of the medal, if there is one, would help an ID.

Bluejacket

• 5 months later...

Blue jacket,

The eBay listing mentioned that this was a first version and that's why I mentioned that. This is attached to the regular EAME medal.