M1A1 Carbine Scabbard

MR.WWII FANATIC

MR.WWII FANATIC

Just picked this M1A1 Carbine Scabbard up last week at a big antique shop in MD. It was tagged "WWII Tent Case". I picked it up for $20....how did I do? From what I can make out its dated 1943. I'll post some more photos.

TreasureHunter

Awesome, very nice deal. Great finding things not marked correctly at antique shops! Thanks for sharing.

SKYLINE DRIVE

Great deal you got there! Now you need to find an M1A1 to put into it!!!

MR.WWII FANATIC

Haha sweet! I would love to get my hands on one of those Steve! Does anyone have an idea on the approximate value of this?

On a related note, has anyone seen a 1942 dated jump scabbard for sale lately? My M1A1 is very early production, I'd like to get a jump scabbard from as close as possible.

-Steve

MR.WWII FANATIC

From the bit of research I've done, I've seen a few 1944 and thats pretty much it, mine appears to be dated 1943 and that is the earliest I could find.

I have an original mid 1943 all early features Inland M1A1 gotten over 30 years ago..It's been with a 1944 dated scabbard since I mated them..at the same gunshow...1981 in Stratford Ct. an older man brought it in, and sold it to Bernie Lafferty, I got it from Bernie for $550.00...the scabbard cost me $175.00...

• 2 weeks later...

Steve I would love to see more pics of your Type I. I have been looking for one for years, and have never found one I didn't think someone had messed with.

I found this really nice original Type II years ago, but the Type I's are ever elusive.

BTW the jump holster I have is a 43. I have never seen a 42 one either and I always look at everyone I see.

m1a1006.jpg

m1a1003.jpg

Sorry for hijacking the thread here, but what is the small loop above the belt loop on the back of the jump case for? Never been able to figure it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for hijacking the thread here, but what is the small loop above the belt loop on the back of the jump case for? Never been able to figure it out.

So one of the front straps of the M1936 suspenders can pass through it for stability.

regards

Lloyd

Wow I am new to this stuff and did not realize the worth of these type of items. I will definitely be on the lookout from now on.