Letter written home on Hitlers personal stationary

JDK

Here's a fun bring back from a local vet that served with the 45th Inf. Div. He also picked up the German veteran armband in the frame as well as some other items.

1.post-2901-0-38210000-1399923541.jpg

2.post-2901-0-21858100-1399923570.jpg

Rakkasan187

That is a fantastic bring back. Went through Munich last year on a tour and drove by Hitler's apartment in that area. Nice bringback..

Leigh

I'll bet Der Fuhrer's stationary was put to other uses too...but not the kind of thing you'd want to send back home...know what I mean?! ;):D

Seriously though, that's an historic piece of ephemera,

I'll bet Der Fuhrer's stationary was put to other uses too...but not the kind of thing you'd want to send back home...know what I mean?! ;):D

Seriously though, that's an historic piece of ephemera,

lol BAD VISIONS!!!!!!

very cool! really takes you to a time and place.

Now that's neat! I have a sheet of unused party stationary that was brought back as a souvenir, but that yours was used for a letter home is even cooler.

-- Jon

Kurt Barickman

Very nice, I have seen a love letter written from a 506 officer to his wife on AH stationary that he "liberated" from the Berghof and have copies somewhere around here.. Nice addition to your collection and thanks for posting.

Kurt

• 2 weeks later...

That is one of the coolest "letters home" I have ever seen. I can only repeat what the others have said, but it's so true....an exceptional and incredible piece!

USCapturephotos

I really enjoyed seeing this as I collect GI bring back pieces from the ETO. I have an AH formal pattern spoon that a US 42nd Division vet picked up in the Brown House along with some NSDAP insignia. Have you seen or heard of the documentary called Hitler's Hat? It's a great little piece done about another US 42nd Vet (Rich Marowitz) who picked up and brought home AH's documented top hat that you see in some early pics of him. What I love about the story is that Mr. Marowitz stomped on the hat first then decided to keep it. A unit photographer took a picture of him wearing the top hat and it is in the 42nd Unit History. Anyway look up the documentary. It is clever, interesting, sad and funny in some parts.

Paul

PS: Please let me know if you ever decide to part with this :)

Thanks again guys! This one was obtained by me directly from the vet back when I used to run ads. Unfortunately my busy lifestyle keeps me from doing it at this time. I really loved hearing this vets stories about "liberating" items from the Munich area. He took a couple items from Hitlers Munich residence. Foolishly I sold one of the other items quite a few years back to fund a nice A-2 grouping. I really wish I would have kept it, but I am glad that I kept what I did.

JD

normaninvasion

Something that jumps out at me in the letter: "how are the crops?" Probably one of the most common questions in letters back home during that time. How things have changed. jeff