Best ways to preserve paper

ColdWarRules

ColdWarRules

I have my Stalingrad service medal citation and a Vietnam War B.S citation in a plastic protection thing. Is that good, or should I get something else?

Storing paper in a plastic protective sleeve is OK as long as it is PVC free.

For long term display of a specific document I would use a semi-rigid PVC sleeve.....it is more sturdy than a standard sleeve that fits in a 3-ring binder.

439th Signal Battalion

If you have access to one, scan all of your paper documents and store them electronically. This method will not degrade over time like documents and images tend to do.

Acid free, archive quality Mylar covers.

Absolutely. That is what I store all my propaganda leaflets/posters and other papers in.

• 2 weeks later...
Raidercollector

If you really want them preserve for a long long time ,Have them put in a archival sleeve by a archivist .They will be sealed for eternity. Its not cheap though. I usually do the ones that might have some damage that need some attention or are very rare. Some I have are also bleached out by the sun. Just my thoughts.

Nick

• 4 months later...

for ephemera I put documents, images, etc in mylar sleeves backed with acid free thick paper stock. You can get in any comic book store-old letters and other ephemera I also make digital scans of-and I try not to handle them often-probably should get white gloves too for documents and letters.