WWII USMC P41 trousers. Getting rid of wrinkles?

knd643

Hi. I plan on getting a WWII USMC P41 trouser. The trouser has alot of wrinkles on it though. I was wondering if their was a good way to get rid of the wrinkles without damging it or devaluing it. I was told that a good way to do it was to hang it on a door in your bathroom and turn your shower on high and it would steam it. Im not sure if that could damage it though. Ill post some pictures of it to show you guys how wrinkeld it is.

post-104203-0-32514300-1372981194.png

post-104203-0-11626200-1372981207.png

To be honest I just take then to the dry cleaners just once to get them back.

I know many people will disagree, but doing it once shouldn't and doesn't hurt it.

Leonardo

I know many people will disagree, but doing it once shouldn't and doesn't hurt it.

I've ruined a couple of pieces - one very nice, the other so-so - by taking them to the cleaners. Thus, I won't be doing that again! YMMV.

On these P41 trousers, I'd recommend just hanging them neatly on a hangar and let them "fall out." They're a fatigue/combat uniform, and unless you're putting together a garrison mannequin, neat appearance was difficult to achieve in the field. Steaming may work, but also introduce the risk of rusting the button closures. Of course, that'd only be an issue if there is NO rust on them already.

If you MUST do something, fold them neatly along the seams to FLAT PRESS them (no creases down the middle of the legs) and place them between your mattress and box spring. Sleep on them a night, and they'll be in good (but not perfect) condition.

Steve