Help with BALFOUR insignia

AverageJoeWWII

AverageJoeWWII

Just got an IKE jacket with Balfour insignia 1/20 GF ...Collar "US" and Crossed Infantry rifles. Where do they fall in terms of quality ??? and price ??

I don't think the "Balfour" brand will significantly add to the value of this collar brass as they were just one of many manufacturers producing similar insignia at the time. However, Balfour / LGB wing badges are another matter as they are keenly sought by wing collectors. As far as the collar brass is concerned, only a die-hard Balfour collector might be prepared to pay a little over the odds for them, otherwise they are just nice but otherwise unremarkable infantry officers' crossed rifles. Just my 2 cents!

I don't think the "Balfour" brand will significantly add to the value of this collar brass as they were just one of many manufacturers producing similar insignia at the time. However, Balfour / LGB wing badges are another matter as they are keenly sought by wing collectors. As far as the collar brass is concerned, only a die-hard Balfour collector might be prepared to pay a little over the odds for them, otherwise they are just nice but otherwise unremarkable infantry officers' crossed rifles. Just my 2 cents!

Agree. When it comes to common WW2 US-made collar brass, only BB&B and Tiffany (assuming Tiffany made WW2 era stuff) will bring a significant premium. Other major manufacturers are too easily found. However, being maker-marked by any WW2 era manufacturer will enable a stronger price, as it confirms the insignia as being WW2.

• 4 months later...