The Institute for Military Technology

TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter

The Institute for Military Technology is in Titusville, FL. Not open to the public, but might let you in if you email them or call. It is part of the Knight Armament facility. I got the chance to tour this privately and it was amazing, starts from the Revolutionary war and goes thru modern day. He has examples of every brand type of each weapon, such as M1 carbine, not one but each brand there was made. Then you get to the Stoner AR stuff, hanging there are Colt AR's with serial numbers 000000, lots of prototypes, its just amazing. I know I counted 6-7 Gatling guns. Two huge rooms full of weapons, every type machine gun for WW1 & 2, uniformed soldiers. Then they take you downstairs to the tank collection, who has a tank collection! I will leave a few links if you want to check out this amazing collection/museum.

Regards,

Bill

http://www.instmiltech.com/

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=123&t=597984

Good heavens! That is quite a collection. Just the armor alone is pretty impressive. I was not aware so many variations of the AR-15 existed. Thanks for sharing!

I wonder how they handle the humidity of Florida?

hbtcoveralls

I looked at their website and there is a video showing them operating their tanks. Every one of them was being operated in an unsafe manner. Due to limited visibility from the driver's compartment, no tank should ever be moved without a ground guide or a tank commander present in the commander's cupola or hatch. Doing so is violating the most basic rule of tank operation. That's just sad that a group said to present "education" can't even get that right.

Tom Bowers