Vietnam era ARVN and Cambodian patches

mmerc20

This is a collection of ARVN and Cambodian military patches that came from a Vietnam vet. He was quite meticulous with the display and even labeled them on the backs as to what unit they were.

I have seen lots of Vietnamese patches for sale but never found much for the Cambodian ones. Certainly not ones like this. Apparently (according to the labels) they are mostly infantry units. They are without a doubt all original but I find it surprising I can't find others to get an idea of value.
Regardless, it's a great collection and I should be getting a couple bringback south and north Vietnamese flags shortly.
Mike

post-3373-0-29363700-1372856921.jpg

Very nice, Cambodian pieces have languished a bit due to a lack of good references. Recently there was a book published by Ken Conboy covering Cambodian Insignia from the FANK "Forces Armees Nationales Khemeres" period 1970-1975. I think you can purchase it from Amazon. You are correct these are Infantry units. Nice grouping. I believe these Id's are all correct.

1st Row L-R #1 Twenty Eight Brigade. #2 Twenty Second Brigade. #3 Seventy Seven Brigade. #4 Twenty First Brigade. #5 ??

2nd Row L-R. #1 First Shock Brigade. #2 Thirteen Brigade Group. #3 Fifth Special Brigade Group. #4 Second Brigade of the First Division. #5 Twenty Fifth Brigade.

3rd Row. L-R #1 Twenty Six Brigade - Mil Region One. #2 Sixty Eight Brigade. #3 Forty Third Brigade. #4 Fifty Third Brigade.

Very nice. There are reproduction Cambodian patches out there, but they usually are easy to spot because their Vietnamese makers totally destroy the Cambodian script. You would think they would be more familiar with the subject, but they aren't.

Anyone know what the last patch on the bottom right in the ARVN section is with the 10 and the bulldozer? That is the only one I don't have IDed.

Mike

It's an Engineer Battalion of some sort. It is unusual because normally the shield would be divided with yellow and light green fields.

Also unusual are the shooting stars. I am guessing it is a specialized unit of some sort. I cannot find an reference that matches this one.

firefighter

I think that the ones with the castles are ENGINEER units and the bulldozer are CONSTRUCTION units.Not sure about the shooting stars on it though.I'll have to look thru my books.Maybe 3rd Brigade 10th Construction battalion?