ETO AAF Gunner Headgear Setup

mr_lits

I finally got my display for AAF gunner up yesterday. It took a bit of time to find the A8 O2 mask even then it's a b model, but hey, finding a A8a is damn near impossible. I think it is period correct otherwise. B2 cap (no maker label), AN6530 CF goggles, R-14 headset, Throat mike and A8b O2 mask.

Now I just need more display heads for my other setups..... ahhh the plight of collecting.....

post-112555-0-06944600-1372814590.jpg

post-112555-0-64165100-1372814594.jpg

Sgt Saunders

Nice,The A8 mask is a keeper. I had to look a long time for mine.

I like the B2 cap turned up. It's got a laid back look like that.

Thanks for sharing.

Actually carl, your B2 is waiting for a different display for my ground crew set-up. Thought I think this B2 and yours are from the same maker, as there is no label and the construction between the two is consistent.

littlebuddy

oh right Rob !! :blush: i think that one you had from me is a " Shaw Barton " i have one with a label inside and it was identical to that one !!

LB

• 1 month later...
27thdivcollector

Actually carl, your B2 is waiting for a different display for my ground crew set-up. Thought I think this B2 and yours are from the same maker, as there is no label and the construction between the two is consistent.

Ground crew? Ground crew? did someone mention ground crew set up? I look forward to seeing that, in the meantime nice air gunners set.

You and the ground crews... My next mannequin will be a ground crew personnel.

I have never seen any ground crews wearing the mechanics aprons, did those even get used or were they just issued?

I am waiting to find a B1 cap to go along with the set up. Coveralls, D1 jacket and my elusive B1 cap. 27th I know you love the ground crew gear. Any other suggestions for the set up would be good too.

Thanks

Rob L.

• 5 months later...