"Tankfest 2013"....a photo-report (very pic heavy!)

Sabrejet

Thanks Tony. I'm not trying to emulate Washington crossing the Delaware...I was watching a parachute display when the missus snapped me! :blush:

Explore a Mk 1 (interactive)...an excellent presentation! I've actually been inside the museum's Mk IV male. A fine piece of engineering...but it must've been hell on earth riding it into combat. The noise, the heat, the fumes, the exposed and very hot pipes etc! :o

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/interactive/animations/mark_one_tank/index_embed.shtml

post-8022-0-35963400-1373006265.jpg

Well, I didn't have the opportunity to read this thread until now, too much pic heavy for my mobile phone ... and now, ouch, it's tank heavy B)

Thank you very much, Sabrejet, for sharing with us poor guys who didn't attend this famous tankfest.

This thread reminds me the long hours I spent trying to learn by heart my armor's recognition manual ;) ... but you know what, it's way more pleasant now :D

Well, I didn't have the opportunity to read this thread until now, too much pic heavy for my mobile phone ... and now, ouch, it's tank heavy B)

Thank you very much, Sabrejet, for sharing with us poor guys who didn't attend this famous tankfest.

This thread reminds me the long hours I spent trying to learn by heart my armor's recognition manual ;) ... but you know what, it's way more pleasant now :D

Merci Etienne. Ce fut un plaisir!

OK, yeah, I'm a Squid here, but I always loved AFVs! Really great report Ian, thank you!

Aye, aye shipmate! If they ever do a "Shipfest" I promise I'll cover that too! :D

Thanks. Here's a couple more. The revolutionary French 75mm AMX 13 in the foreground with a British Charioteer TD behind it, in Egyptian Army colours. Note the track marks on the concrete floor left by Tiger 131!

post-8022-0-88629300-1373288146.jpg

The radical Swedish "S-tank". The space around these exhibits is due to other vehicles usually displayed alongside them being taken outside for participation in "Tankfest".

post-8022-0-96273100-1373288342.jpg

Just an oustanding report, Ian! Thanks for taking the time to post all the photos. Would love to see the show sometime. Seeing 131, as well as all of the other AFVs, in action has to be a blast!

(Pun intended...HAR! :D )