My USMC man cave in the basement.

stucky151

Hope the flooding didn't almost give a heart attack!!

I love Marine items, there is such a beauty and history to it. Love the painted USMC helmet!!!!

-Nick

The flooding wasn't too bad. We had a slight flood in the basement... nothing a few buckets and towels couldn't take care of. The street in front of the house turned into a pretty decent river but everyone is safe and the property is fixable.

Camp Geiger, NC... currently a combat instructor, knocking out that SDA

ouch, been there, done that. what a terrible SDA that was. now Im on my 2nd SDA, recruiting has been so much better than that one.

the real adventure is being a Grunt assigned to MCT :huh: Never worked with females for nearly the first 9 years, add that to the fact it's entry level and it definitely stunted the vocabulary

I volunteered for the billet, which worked out, because I was on the list to be voluntold right afterwards, anyhow. And all Grunts being snatched up are being routed to SOI, for the last 3 MCIC classes. And all our non-03's had their orders withdrawn by HQ

I saw that. There were alot of 03s that went to MCT out of my class and we were still short of our TO for instructors. It was a rough billet without enough instructors. Glad to be out of there. Good luck to you, that b billet will certainly pay off in the long run. Were you in zone for this years selection ?

Hahahahahahaha...no...no I was not. At least it moved this year, last year the dammed zone only advanced 1 month. I'm on a CG waiver for service limitations, so it's up or out from here.

I hear this billet isn't too spiffy for Grunts since we're still in our element, blah blah blah...but I'm looking at the Gunner route, anyway, so it can only help. We're actually over TO on instructors, but until recently there was only 2 of us Grunts in the company. Of course, the way that entry level doctrine is behind the operating forces, it's quite frustrating. Handcuffed by those IPG's. And some non-03's definitely resent that we're around. Hard to blame them, spend 3 years mastering the material to have the new guys show up already there.

its been rough but its paid off. Won the Mert Gunny board last January. Wont hear any complaints from me. Ill be out in NC in June for Advance Course, maybe well grab a drink at La Mirage lol

Apologize for breaking into the conversation, but an outstanding Marine Man Cave, Stucky, You should be proud of your hide out and the long and distinguished service of your family to this nation. GBU & GBA

Strength and Honor,

De Oppresso Liber

John