French Made Cover Emblem

Brig

We've seen amply and obvious fakes of this one, but here's a good one that just sold on eBay for a bargain 1200 bucks...I stayed in the fight until the last 2 minutes, but play money just couldn't take it home...beautiful bird straight from France!

$(KGrHqNHJF!FG3p4qV(sBR)es8g8v!~~60_57.JPG

usmcaviator

Exquisitely rare!

One of the most sought after EGAs to exist. Only the second one I have ever seen.

Mike

A learning experience for me! I saw it and dismissed it as one of the fantasy pieces. Any photo evidence of this badge actually being worn? Semper Fi.......Bobgee

I spent a long time eyeballing it...comparing it to the fakes...etc... Eagle looks proportionate to the collars, I'd like to see side-by-sides for size comparisons

Leatherneck72

These French made emblems were as good as it gets. Guy also had a single collar. I'm surprised these ultra rare emblems don't get posted for discussion when they are actually up for bid. Why do they only come up after the auction is over?? Random posts about average collar disks and 37 patterns abound but nothing on these. Really?

There was a beautiful late 1800's emblem for the mohair patrol coat that sold last week...not like those show up everyday either! Hope they all went to a good home.

These French made emblems were as good as it gets. Guy also had a single collar. I'm surprised these ultra rare emblems don't get posted for discussion when they are actually up for bid. Why do they only come up after the auction is over?? Random posts about average collar disks and 37 patterns abound but nothing on these. Really?

There was a beautiful late 1800's emblem for the mohair patrol coat that sold last week...not like those show up everyday either! Hope they all went to a good home.

Very nice emblems. So did you or your brother get it / them?

S/F

John

Ps I like the 37 pattern emblems because of the people I knew / know that wore them.....And I am cheap (saving my big bucks for Helicopter items)

We've seen amply and obvious fakes of this one, but here's a good one that just sold on eBay for a bargain 1200 bucks...I stayed in the fight until the last 2 minutes, but play money just couldn't take it home...beautiful bird straight from France!

Brig,

Thanks for Posting!

S/F

John

I think most people bidding on something don't tend to alert the competition...not very smart to drive the price up on yourself

• 9 months later...

Just wanted to add a little to this. I know I am a bit late on the topic. Many moons ago ( mid 80's) I passed on a set of WW2 USMC Greens. I forget what Divisional patch was on it ( it may have been the 3rd?) but it had a set of these on the collar. I never saw them before and just figured they were fakes. Live and learn.