Opinions please on this OD3 compass pouch

1940Desoto

Fixbayonets!

It would make sense that some of the manufacturers did make the OD3 pouch with OD7 trim first. In an effort to use up the obsolete Khaki material they may have first made the body, being the larger part of the pouch, in OD3 with the trim in OD7. Later, as the OD3 material was being used up, they may have switched to OD7 body with OD3 trim. This is not to say that a pouch made in solid OD7 had to be made later, it is possible that some manufacturers only made them in OD7. Now as far as to what manufacturer made what & when is another mystery as the compass pouch is one of those few pieces of gear that somehow went unmarked.

Rob

craig_pickrall

My best guess as to why the compass pouches are unmarked is that they were supplied by the compass makers as part of the complete compass.

My best guess as to why the compass pouches are unmarked is that they were supplied by the compass makers as part of the complete compass.

As far as I know in 1943, and until the end of the war, only Superior Magneto made lensatic for Uncle Sam.