FURY

kammo-man

Dressing the battlefield of destroyed tanks seen at the opening of the film.

post-7257-0-27111900-1453692638.jpg

and the final fate of many crates and props: sold off by the production company within hours of wrapping the last shot - mostly to re-enactors from the 2nd Armored UK who helped a great deal in getting the details right on the film.

(And of course some props and wardrobe items were saved by the production company and shipped back to the US to offer in the auction.)

post-7257-0-98820800-1453692710.jpg

First day on set helping dress the giant 'battalion camp' set.

post-7257-0-97052900-1453693036.jpg

and about five months later - with Owen - as Fury prepares to head back to the museum.

post-7257-0-95757700-1453693143.jpg

'best job I ever had' - RL

thanks o.

vintageproductions

First day on set helping dress the giant 'battalion camp' set.

attachicon.gifrlfurycrates.JPG

and about five months later - with Owen - as Fury prepares to head back to the museum.

attachicon.gifIMG_8616.JPG

'best job I ever had' - RL

thanks o.

and that's a mighty nice shirt you are wearing in the top photo....

Rob,

Thanks for posting the photos. I can imagine the smile on your face once everything was completed and on set.

You know I'm a crate fan as well and I was drooling over those shots.

The plates for the grenade crates, are those the same ones you had a decade ago when you were getting ready make them? I will always remember you showing me that plate on the set of "Mail Call" and how cool it looked to me then.

Neat tanker jacket you're wearing in that one shot, who made the War Correspondent patch?

Johan Willaert

Inside the mobile armory in between Armourer Alan Hausmann (l) and Master Armourer Simon Atherton. Hausmann worked on many projects like Band of Brothers and Private Ryan.

Thanks for posting all this, Rob, and great to see Alan on the picture... Haven't seen him in ages... Remember him well from our 29th Division re-enactment days...

I brought my copy of "The World War II GI in Color Photographs" to England to show Alan. Its been a sort of 'wish-book' for me since I first picked it up in 1993. I knew that Alan was featured in some of the photos, and he had hilarious insights into the shenanigans behind some of the images. He signed the book, and added '29 Let's Go' - so his fondness of those days with you all seems alive and well.

This shot captures a more honest reflection of Alan's and Atherton's antics - they're mockingly cooing and petting my crate - they referred to this 'hero' stuff as my "Gucci Collection" - to be coddled like haute couture handbags.

No ball left unbusted.

They were worth a good laugh every day.

post-7257-0-40350000-1453788451.jpg

I brought my copy of "The World War II GI in Color Photographs" to England to show Alan. Its been a sort of 'wish-book' for me since I first picked it up in 1993. I knew that Alan was featured in some of the photos, and he had hilarious insights into the shenanigans behind some of the images. He signed the book, and added '29 Let's Go' - so his fondness of those days with you all seems alive and well.

Which guy is he in that book?

When it came out, I was routinely mistaken for the thin guy wearing glasses who is in a lot of those shots as I sort of looked like him at the time and most people who knew me in the hobby knew I had pals on that side of the Pond...

Johan Willaert

Which guy is he in that book?

When it came out, I was routinely mistaken for the thin guy wearing glasses who is in a lot of those shots as I sort of looked like him at the time and most people who knew me in the hobby knew I had pals on that side of the Pond...

Alan is shown throughout the book, sometimes without glasses (Pages11, seated in left side chair) sometimes with glasses....

Others shown in the book were also part of the 29th group (Steve West, John Rowe, Martin Toy, Phil Plane and others...)

Also in the book, mainly in the AB section is Bruce Gunn, who would later have a great AB collection...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

These pics of Tiger 131 were taken around March 2014. It was undergoing maintenance for the upcoming Tankfest at Bovington. I was fortunate enough to get access to the workshop at the time. Since this tank was featured in the Fury movie some of you might like to see these pics.

Rene

post-169612-0-31992500-1522508607_thumb.jpg

post-169612-0-04422900-1522508622_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Wow Owen, that is groovy.

Does it have a color pinup under the opposite grip?

Was cleaning out a box and found these from Wardaddy

They are rubber stunt props

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Government Issue

Ah yes, the SS oak leaf pattern fulfilling it's peacetime roll of preventing packages from being stolen from porches! Who woulda guessed! ;)