FURY

kammo-man

I have sen the film 3 times, -this is far out and totally idiotic, historically were the Airborne far away from that area and have never appeared in the film.

I have sen the film 3 times, -this is far out and totally idiotic, historically were the Airborne far away from that area and have never appeared in the film.

I agree with all your points. But this vendor does seem to have some film crew items for sale. After reading through this thread for so long, I am was left with the initial reaction to that eBay listing as, "Surely, they wouldn't have put 506th into this film, knowing these guys!"

But you just never know. We all are familiar with guys like Owen and Rob telling a director what the right looking stuff is, and being overidden on the basis of, "It looks cool"...

I figured that any 506th pot would have to be bogus, but ya just never know.

I'm sure between everyone posting here, someone would have noticed that on the big screen long before now.

Needless to say, I just had to ask. Seems so crazy to claim a fake movie prop when you got the wrong subject matter entirely.

I swear, people will be trying to attach fake 506-marked pots to various WW2 movies for many years to come.

Hi,

It's a decent enough movie and as with all hollywood movies you can pick it apart but it still is a good war movie. Great Tiger tank and a 'real' one to boot. Fun movie!

Bill

I was in the area a few days ago (working as an extra on another new Hollywood blockbuster movie incidentally) so I thought I'd visit the old film set and have come up with these "Then And Now" comparison photos...

post-104903-0-66037700-1419192364.jpg

post-104903-0-70698100-1419192448.jpg

It was weird being there... so many great memories but it felt like a completely different world.

Speaking of ATB, did they do any articles on the making of the movie, as they have on other films in the past?

There's an entire hobby out of tracking down locations for film scenes. I'm sure there are websites out there right now listing as many 'Fury' locations as the fan boys can find.

Heck, I chased down 'Arnhem Bridge' from "A bridge too far" (actually, downtown Deventer, Netherlands) in the late 80s, making a point of walking up the very same steps the Brit flamethrower team did!

Speaking of ATB, did they do any articles on the making of the movie, as they have on other films in the past?

There's an entire hobby out of tracking down locations for film scenes. I'm sure there are websites out there right now listing as many 'Fury' locations as the fan boys can find.

Heck, I chased down 'Arnhem Bridge' from "A bridge too far" (actually, downtown Deventer, Netherlands) in the late 80s, making a point of walking up the very same steps the Brit flamethrower team did!

interesting, Im sure I would have done the same. ^_^

-Dave

ATB visited the set 3 times and let us down by NOT doing an article due to a person working on the Fury publicity staff.

Thats all I am going to say about the matter.

You can't win them all.

If anyone has other pictures it would be great to see them.

owen

is it another war movie?

-Dave

I'm afraid not, it's set in present day and stars Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin, Jeremy Renner and Tom Hollander (amongst others).

These comparison photos I took with my phone and only when I got home paired them up with pics I found on the internet. I have a few more pics at different angles but can't find any decent pics that feature the house (the saw mill that got shot up) to pair up with.

If I get the chance to go back I'll try and get some done where the US camp was - providing I don't get kicked off site for trespassing! ;) I wasn't involved in the beet field scenes so I'm not sure where that was filmed; the town scenes were shot at Bovingdon Airfield which is inaccessible unless Owen waves his magic wand?

ATB visited the set 3 times and let us down by NOT doing an article due to a person working on the Fury publicity staff.

Well, that stinks. I would have bought that issue for sure if they're done an article on the film.

I've just read all 79 pages of this thread.

I'm in total awe of the detail attained by the production team. Kudos points to you all. The props leaves me drooling especially Rob's crates and fibre containers.

I'm looking forward to seeing the film again when it's released on blu-ray. Hopefully I'll warm to it a bit more.

DoubleEnvelopment

Great war movie, for me the small inaccuracies were negligible. I am not too proud to admit I felt a bit scared and in awe when I left the theater. It's surreal what these heroes went through. I hope so much to see a movie about a USN crew down in the PTO like this, and am really looking forward to the 8AF miniseries.

ViewfinderGyrene

For those that have XBox Live, Fury is now available to purchase and download to your console.

No wayyyyy! Lol, I admit, I enjoy when they release historically-themed games ^_^

vintageproductions

It's also available to purchase on Verizon Fios in the pay per view area. You can buy the movie now for $16.00.

Garandomatic

"No wayyyyy! Lol, I admit, I enjoy when they release historically-themed games ^_^"

Yeah, World of Tanks has sunk its freaking talons into me... just when I thought I was done wasting time on games...