FURY

kammo-man

Well...it was bound to happen and here it is for only $15,000, granted it is Mint and does come with the issue tag. Phew! Mint without tag might fetch $350 at the highest, and the tag perhaps up to $500, but I'm probably outta line here and should not sound so condescending so edjumucate me!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1942-45-Fury-Near-Mint-Rawlings-M38-WW2-M5A11-Light-Tank-Helmet-w-Tag-/390952575056?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5b0696e050

post-15065-0-35845800-1414035678.jpg

Hello all, 1529 posts....wow. I went to see Fury last Friday night and it was stunning. The combat, the details....so well done, I can't wait for the DVD I'm going to see it again this weekend. A huge thank you to all involved and congratulations on what I believe to be the best combat movie on film.

Dear Santa, a director's cut with behind the scene DVD is all I'm asking for Christmas......

Best Regards

Andrew

Well...it was bound to happen and here it is for only $15,000, granted it is Mint and does come with the issue tag. Phew! Mint without tag might fetch $350 at the highest, and the tag perhaps up to $500, but I'm probably outta line here and should not sound so condescending so edjumucate me!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1942-45-Fury-Near-Mint-Rawlings-M38-WW2-M5A11-Light-Tank-Helmet-w-Tag-/390952575056?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5b0696e050

attachicon.gif$_12.JPG

Shameless profiteering on the back of the movie. It's a fine example of the type but worth nowhere near the asking price! No doubt there'll be a plethora of "as used in Fury" items being offered for sale in the coming months, just as there was after "SPR" and "BoB"....and someone will be dumb enough to pay it!

To see the opening of the "Fury" exhibition at "The Tank Museum" view the video clip attached to this article ( the guest presenter is Murray Walker, very well known to Brits as the voice of motorsport)

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/11546724.VIDEO__New_Fury_exhibition_launched_at_Bovington_Tank_Museum/

Another review in the British press. Sir Max Hastings is one of Britain's most respected and distinguished military historians and author of many classic books on WW1 and WW2.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2804221/Terror-inside-tin-Brad-Pitt-s-new-movie-hailed-brutal-portrayal-life-tank-crew-reality-worse-says-war-historian-MAX-HASTINGS.html

Corpsmancollector

Well, we went to see the move last night…What an experience. As we have said from early on, this wasn’t going to be your ‘average’ war movie and boy was it not! It was an intense, intimidating, adrenaline fuelled journey from start to finish. As some members have already said, the scenes inside ‘Fury’ were fantastic and made the film for me. So well portrayed that you feel like you are in the tight, confined and grim interior of a Sherman rolling into Germany in the last stages of the war. In a strange way, it was similar to Apoc Now for me, in the sense that you almost forget it’s a ‘war movie’ because you become so engrossed by the characters, the relationships and emotions that they feel. The detail was fantastic and again, a huge thanks to our very own Kammo Man! It was great to see your name up in lights Owen, it’s fair to say we are all really pleased for you. I can’t thank you enough for the opportunity to visit the set and see the ‘making of’! There were a lot of nice touches in terms of uniforms and equipment; the first pattern Tanker jackets (nice job Juan!), the early Tanker goggles, the variety of weapons (Greas guns, M1A1s, STG44 etc.) and the loaded up Shermans looked incredible (particularly when loaded up with the Baker Company GIs). Overall, just a great movie that demonstrates that ‘war is hell’!

I have a dozen or so photos from the set, I’ll add them in the next day or so. Had trouble moving them off my phone!

A hearty well done to all involved!

Will

I went to see the 1pm session of fury today...

It is, the best war movie of WW2 I have ever seen...

Why?...

Being set in the last moments of the war, there is a sense of urgency among the soldiers to get it over with and the continual loss of life makes it all the more tragic...

There wasn't a big back story on the main characters so we "got to know them"... You got the impression that all or most were going to die...adding to the suspense..

There wasn't a deliberate attempt to zoom in on all the equipment, you saw the gear as tools in order to get the job done...

The gore was perfectly done...enough to be realistic and common place in war...a bullet to the head ain't going to always leave a pretty little red dot!

The dialogue in my opinion was tastefully done...after seeing so much carnage I am sure I would not be worrying about saying please, thank you and lifting my pinky while sipping a cup of tea...

You get a sense of how vulnerable these machines could be...seeing all those lads in a wounded tank just waiting for the inevitable... how horrifying

The interaction between the tank crew just showed how psychologically damaging war can be...they all looked so exhausted, sad, angry, scared...thank goodness there wasn't stupid, cocky little jokes every 5 mins...

I absolutely loved this movie...to the cast and crew...WELL DONE!

Excellent portrayal of the appearance of late WWII fighting men but as far as the story goes the film made me think of the scenes on the Combat TV series, which I think is a close match for Fury in terms of accuracy of tactics and combat procedures from the part of the Germans.

It's 300 against five; three consecutive sniper shots but none is an immediate killer and then close range attacks with Panzerfausts, all of which fail to destroy the tank.

Please read in any WWII tankers memoirs' the effect of a Panzerfaust on a tank crew - what it would cause in the inner tank walls and the ensuing damage to any living thing inside.

Of course the uniforms and equipment are great and they're my main reason to see the film.

Fury is as historically accurate as Pearl Harbor if we judge it by the plot alone.

audacia cum prudentia

Lee, you truly have NO idea on how much stuff hasn't been seen in this current version of the film... roll on the "super-extended Director's cut".... haha

It's a tragedy in fact, from our point of view, ( 99/9% of the rest of the globe doesn't give a shinola ) just how much detail didn't show up, the effort put into and the cost of making and shiipping Rob L's bit of WW2 artistry to the UK, not to see it in more that 5% is a crying shame

It's a tragedy in fact, from our point of view, ( 99/9% of the rest of the globe doesn't give a shinola ) just how much detail didn't show up, the effort put into and the cost of making and shiipping Rob L's bit of WW2 artistry to the UK, not to see it in more that 5% is a crying shame

I hear you there. I'm a big fan of Rob's work and own more than a few of his products. I was saddened to not see much of his work in the finished film, but the film was made to tell a story, not show off ammo stuff (sorry, Rob).

I saw the movie last night and thought it was great! Sure the ending was Hollywood hype but the gritty realism was just excellent.

I haven't read all 78 pages of this but it seems we had some members contributing, Outstanding Work!!

Alan

Fury D+1 in Geneva, Switzerland.

Just saw it tonight and really liked it. Opposed to what I had read in many reviews, I really liked the breakfast scene and found it to be very real, especially with the typical "Germany 45" top hat and the reminiscences of the Falaise pocket. Jon Bernthal and Shia LaBeouf were great and I was very impressed by their performances.

Great job and thanks for keeping it alive!

dscn4110.jpg

I am just back from seeing Fury. Kudos to Owen and the 2nd AD Europe fellows for a job well done. G.I.s and SS have never been so accurately portrayed.

Do you guys noticed the impression of the Asian-American BAR gunner at the scene when Brad Pitt wants to kill the the beat up SS in camo overall ?

The first half of the movie is great and the tank battle with Tiger 131 is incredible.

But Fury's last stand at the crossroad is too much. I don't buy that part of the movie. No tankie or infantryman of sound mind of any time period and any army could buy it.

If the German infantrymen were so stupid and so bad soldiers, WW2 would have been over by Christmas 1940.

Fury is a Hollywood blockbuster and an average war movie, nothing more.

I hope that it will be the beginning of a successful career opportunity for Owen in the movie business. ;)

I'm with Andrei on this one. Excellent attention to detail lost on an average war movie. The hard work put into getting the look right was evident in abundance - nice job Owen.

Tank scenes were great but the ending was a real shame - it literally turned into the final stand on an Xbox game (which no doubt will follow). And why wear a sniper veil at night, it was as much use as a chocolate fire guard and just seemed too contrived along with the German Anti-tank gunners who couldn't it a barn door if they tried.

If we had Furys attention to detail with a SPR style script then we would get close to the real thing. Fury sadly fell short for me but nonetheless was entertaining.

Rich

Saw it with the wife and brother in-law last night, and I was extremely happy to sit thru the movie without seeing Dale Dye on the screen!!!!!

I'm with KING802 and ANDREI fell a little short for me as well especially the final scene. The guy behind me actually laughed out loud when he saw the the German sniper wearing the veil crawling on the ground in the dark. If Brad Pitt had not been in the movie I think my wife would have waked out midway thru the movie.

I agree with every comment on what an outstanding job Owen did. Thanks for getting it right!!!

we saw fury last night.........this film has captured the dirt,grit, grease and grime like no other.we thought it was excellent.........dave