FURY

kammo-man

I was intrigued by the use of "non-standard" goggles by the various crewmen. Apart from the late-war M-44s, there was the Soviet '38 pattern, USAAF B7s and also, if I'm not mistaken, "Skyways"? I was able to replicate the various "looks" using items from my own collection. ( The helmet is a Rawlings with R-14 receivers)

post-8022-0-31900800-1413968669.jpg

post-8022-0-80672000-1413968670.jpg

post-8022-0-30646400-1413968672.jpg

post-8022-0-78796900-1413968673.jpg

yzura8a5.jpg

Recon guys.

David wanted these guys to be tougher than the regular GIs.

Being recon is a rough job.

Rough men indeed.

It sure is,

great pics O keep em coming.

Going to see Fury tomorrow night with everyone from work in gold class.

Pretty excited but too warm to wear a tanker jacket for some folks

Hi

I have just back from seeing the movie this morning.

I big thank you must go to Owen, David and anyone else on the forum who was involved with the film.

I have never sat and watched anything that has come close to portraying the harrowing reality of war, until today...

I cannot explain the spin chilling emotion that i felt during the first major engagment, it really hit home for me.

Movies like this really make me remember why i collect, to make sure we don't forget what went on during WW2.

Regards

Tom

I heard on the radio this morning that a DJ said he'd had talked with a WW2 tanker vet about the movie and he said the vet said this film had some odd moments he wasn't sure he agreed with, but that it, "Looked exactly like it really did," in WW2.

You could hardly do better, for the guys who made sure all the 'stuff' was correct!

In a movie this good and with all the amazing accuracy and realism I wasn't looking for the inevitable wrong buckle. What did strike me, however, were the dog tags. Brad Pitt's tags looked like a paragraph was stamped onto them. Would love to hear thoughts on that or know what they said.

BTW, I was a tank commander for four years. Best job I ever had.

I didn't notice the tags on him in the film, but the early war ones had a name and complete address for the next of kin. I have several originals in my collection and they sure would look like a 'paragraph' from a distance.

Thanks to all for the kudos,

Ian I am glad you were able to see some old haunts !!!!!

Its wild to see places you have seen come to life is it not.

do you have another pics from set ?

Wilis ,

You nailed it on the dog tags 100%.

o

Dirt Detective

ysate9ez.jpg

Here's a better shot of SS tanker.

We voted to put him in a plain tree tanker combi as to the best of our knowledge one had not been seen in a new movie in 80 years.

The face is copied from the Normandy picture.

The makeup department were second to none.

Good make up.. with pea dot it would of almost been a dead ringer.

post-2677-0-68037900-1413996918.jpg

Hello Owen. Big congrats....and yeah, ain't that the truth! I have some "duplicate" views...the same basic shots, slightly different angles. Will has some others, which I thought he'd have added by now. He's going to see the movie tonight so maybe he'll be inclined to post them tomorrow?

post-8022-0-83968700-1413997171.jpg

Lee is on the mark. Wardaddy joined the army very early in the war. So his tags have the 'next of kin' address jammed on there.

All the characters had tags created to reflect the approximate time they entered service, and service numbers that even reflected the region that they either enlisted or were drafted from.

Tetanus shot dates. Religion. Blood type. All based on the Director's 'backstory' for each of these guys.

Thats one of those details that nearly disappears on a detail rich film like this - but thankfully is spotted, and appreciated by the right folks!

Rob L.

Dirt ,

Right one .

Like I said we made him an SS tanker in tanker coveralls as he would cheese of the tank guys more by being led through the camp.

You see regular SS in the POW cage but NO tankers as they received special treatment.

The make up team we're great.

Man, I gotta see this again to catch all the little detail stuff I missed the first time that's being mentioned here.

The DVD will be interesting, to spend a lot of time pausing it to see certain things.

Lee is on the mark. Wardaddy joined the army very early in the war. So his tags have the 'next of kin' address jammed on there.

All the characters had tags created to reflect the approximate time they entered service, and service numbers that even reflected the region that they either enlisted or were drafted from.

Tetanus shot dates. Religion. Blood type. All based on the Director's 'backstory' for each of these guys.

Thats one of those details that nearly disappears on a detail rich film like this - but thankfully is spotted, and appreciated by the right folks!

Rob L.

Never knew that (my dad's and uncle's have very little on them). THAT is attention to detail. Thanks so much for the explanation. Amazing.

Bob...the first thing we had to do before going on set was to go to the production office to sign a small-print legal disclaimer which prohibited us from the taking of any souvenirs and unauthorized pics...on pain of death!!