FURY

kammo-man

Saw the local previews last night.Will be here locally in a week.

The visual over all was sureal to me.The colors are very vivid.As Lee stated about the tracers.The are just popping off the screen

I have heard some "negative vibes" from a few but to me the they negative types are not seeing the overall picture.The huge effort that went into something like this is beyond scope.The attention to detail is uncomaparable to date in my uneducated opinion.

These people critisize comat scences about not being real.....Well only real combat is real.Film makers have to make it as they best they can.The foort here from what I have seen on the previews is outstanding.To me there isnt a whole lot of the industry doing films on things 70 years ago.At least there is still intrest and everyone involved have done a huge and outstanding job.

The dead German lying in the road was also done in the film, "Cross of Iron," and probably based on the original photo posted above...

I agree.

I have seen that photo off and on over the years in various publications(yes kids way before the net :D )

I have a smashed SS belt buckle from a 17th Airborne vet who picked it off a frozen road some where in Belgium.He never would elaborate on the whole story.

So many detail photos of the extras that you just couldn't see in the finished film.

That said, there sure are a lot of German uniform parts, weapons and equipment being worn in these photos, far more than I recall seeing in period photos for more than just a photo op. Front line vets I've talked to have often told me that they worried about being caught by Germans if they had captured German stuff on them.

Keep in mind this is the very end of the war and i would imagine GIs were getting more comfortable wearing captured stuff as they entered germany and it was becoming clear the germans were just about kaput!.......mike

Keep in mind this is the very end of the war and i would imagine GIs were getting more comfortable wearing captured stuff as they entered germany and it was becoming clear the germans were just about kaput!.......mike

Some place I have some pics of a couple officers wearin the revisible german camo coats.This said Its in a Constabulary photo group.Just need to locate them :dry:

Willis we have already addressed that subject many times theres tons of pictures of German gear being worn.

Just cuz you dont see it in one pass of the movie does not meant we did not put it in to maybe seen in a take.

As Rob L said for the 100% put in only 15% makes the screen.

owen

Willis we have already addressed that subject many times theres tons of pictures of German gear being worn.

Just cuz you dont see it in one pass of the movie does not meant we did not put it in to maybe seen in a take.

As Rob L said for the 100% put in only 15% makes the screen.

Yeah, I got that, even then. But the still pictures show something totally different than the finished movie. Nothing odd there, though. I was commenting on what looked like a really high percentage of German stuff being worn and used, far more so than I recall from period photos.

That said, you really have stuff detail into a background if you hope for anything to get to stick out.

For example, that really well-done burned out halftrack with cooked crew inside looks truly horrific in the still shots, but I don't think i saw it at all the film other than the back corner of it in one scene.

Such a shame all that detail just got lost in the big picture (literally) but such is the way in film making...

Lee, you truly have NO idea on how much stuff hasn't been seen in this current version of the film... roll on the "super-extended Director's cut".... haha

The makeup on that guy was incredible, Looked very sore indeed! The Sherman you can just about see behind him is the one that myself and several other forum members crewed for that scene for the week :)

Can't wait to see it tomorrow!!

Hey, been meaning to ask, did tank gunner say, "On the way" before firing in WW2?

It was a fixture of tank crews when I was in the Army, but did that phrase go back that far? I don't know either way, just curious...

I saw with my son on Sunday. I liked it. The look of the soldiers and the way they carried/wore their gear was just perfect. Owen you did a fantastic job with the uniforms. Thanks for posting the images and giving the progress reports. It was a treat to get to peek behind the curtain and see what went in to making the movie.

I think you guys just set the bar a bit higher for the costumers and set designers of future war movies.

Well Done.

Dennis

Posted Image

As you can see there is blood in the foreground.

One prop guy told me that he used more blood in FURY than in a horror movie that he had just worked on.