FURY

kammo-man

This one definitely belongs to Rex Cadman. I photographed it at this year's "War & Peace" show...which is his show. Probably the same Panther.

post-8022-0-08926500-1413538267.jpg

Corpsmancollector

Me and Will.

It sure was windy. And muddy. And full of blown up tanks...

And what moron left his boots in the car!

Great day all round, thanks again Owen.

Have my pictures ready to upload on the weekend and eager to see the movie next week!

Will

JUST got back from the movie, it was good!

I absolutely loved the banter and crew interaction. Hearing offscreen conversations and shinola talking was great

I thought the uniforms and equipment were very well done, the tank scenes and effects were incredible, and the characters were well done

The story was good overall, I liked a lot of the scenes and the fact that no one was "perfect" in the movie.

It was certainly a bit of an emotional roller coaster

The main thing I didn't like was one critical scene that just seemed insanely far fetched, but I'll leave that out to avoid spoilers.

I highly reccommend you go see it for yourself though!

J

I also highly recommend it, but do agree that the critical scene was a bit far fetched. Other than that it was a really good movie. Loved the characters and authenticity of the film.

Saw it last night and loved it. The grittiness and brutality was captured, and the equipment and uniform details are a feast for collectors' eyes. That said, I agree with the other posters about one exaggerated scene, but still totally worth checking out. A great nod to tanker crews!

Steve

josegarcia8578

Last night I got out early of my Differentiable Equations class so I was able to watch Fury! Loved the movie! Recommend it, I was looking at all the details on the uniforms and equipment. Loved the fact that the soldiers were mismatching, some where wearing long overcoats and others were were wearing m43 jackets. Just like it was in WW2. However, my friend said that most of the infantry kept on hip firing throughout the movie? I didn't notice this. But would this be accurate? But Overall the plot was good. I would totally recommend watching it! It's a MUST!

Dirt Detective

Good to see the good reviews coming in..had no doubt. I'm really looking forward to seeing the ammo crate masters crates. :) Ok..and the Tiger too.

Last night I got out early of my Differentiable Equations class so I was able to watch Fury! Loved the movie! Recommend it, I was looking at all the details on the uniforms and equipment. Loved the fact that the soldiers were mismatching, some where wearing long overcoats and others were were wearing m43 jackets. Just like it was in WW2. However, my friend said that most of the infantry kept on hip firing throughout the movie? I didn't notice this. But would this be accurate? But Overall the plot was good. I would totally recommend watching it! It's a MUST!

Major Richard Winters, DSC 506th PIR, always shot from the hip with his Garand. He became a dead on shot too. The reason he gave was that bringing your rifle up to your shoulder took too long and could get you killed.

josegarcia8578

Walking/running fire from the hip is very WWII US....

Major Richard Winters, DSC 506th PIR, always shot from the hip with his Garand. He became a dead on shot too. The reason he gave was that bringing your rifle up to your shoulder took too long and could get you killed.

Thanks for the information in regards to the hip firing. My friend just pointed it out and I want sure.

josegarcia8578

Yes, when the tank faces a battalion of SS troops. I mean the very end of this scene. I don't think an SS soldier would have done what the movie portrayed.

ViewfinderGyrene

Just got back from it. Probably the best modern WWII combat film I've seen. I was amazed at how true-to-fact many of the tactics and hand-to-hand maneuvers were! That as well as the uniforms, equipment and props amazed me the most.

As for the critical scene, I would say if a few guys in a Jeep can stop an entire SS Panzer Division [or more], I'm referring to Moffat [sp] Burris, I think the level of realism should be left up to and determined by a veteran of a Sherman crew. Why not? Aside from the fact that many veterans don't care to see combat movies surrounding their own portion of the war [Naval, Air, Armor etc], it would be very interesting for these films to be reviewed by a few who were there!

The thing that always amuses me about combat films is the never-ending flow of ammunition, and the MGs never overheat :P

Cobrahistorian

Saw it this morning too, and I'll echo what VFG said. It's an extremely intense movie and well worth seeing. It may well be the best WWII movie made to date.

Cobrahistorian

Ian,

I don't remember if it's Hobby Fan or Master Box, but one of those companies is doing Fury's crew in 1:35th scale.

I'm sure several companies are gearing up to make the crew in 1/6 scale, too. That's a big thing for people in that scale for some reason, and you can get a Sherman in 1/6, too.

vintageproductions

We we saw the sneak preview last week I took my wife and my two teenage girls.

I knew the movie was going to be good when Danielle and my daughters talked about it all the way home.

I typically work on Saturdays, so I requested the day off (and got it), just to go and watch 'Fury' :)!

As a former tanker, I'll be watching with a rather critical eye. So far based on this thread, it doesn't seem that I would in any way be disappointed!

Joe