FURY

kammo-man

vintageproductions

When you all see the movie you will then go back and read the Variety's reviewers comments and wonder if this person even ever saw the movie or just reviewed it based on hear say.

Here are a few items of "Fury" memoribilia. This is such a long thread I really can't recall if I posted them previously. If I did, it will have been at least a couple of months ago so please forgive any repetition! As "F"-Day is almost upon us and things are reaching fever-pitch with some great new additions to this thread I thought I'd just add these to the mix. As always, thanks are due to Owen.

"F" Day! Quite right. Quite right.

Good luck tomorrow with the premiere.

The only thing really Ieft to one's imagination now, is what he might be wearing when he walks across the red carpet.....will it be strapless?....how revealing??....and, of course the pattern???

Good luck, and congratulations!

Saw a TV ad last night (I had just come back home from doing astronaut stuff for over a week, more on that later on another thread) and told my wife how badly I wanted to see that as I'd been so busy I'd forgotten it was coming out this weekend.

She said, "Sure, we could go Friday night."

:blink:

Totally didn't see that coming, I often have to wait for movies I want to see to come to video because she doesn't want to see them so, therefore, I apparently don't need to see them badly either (don't ask. Married men probably get this)...

The press always yell the question: "Who are you wearing?"

"Quartermaster Department's finest!"

Saber

That patch is a bit different from the one you got my friend !!!!!!!

O

Ain't that the truth Owen...that's why I posted them side by side...one original and hand embroidered, the other machine-embroidered / mass-produced, probably somewhere in the far east!?

The ones used in the movie were from one of those dead stock 44 dated boxes that had them tied in little bundles.

They were sent to Germany and hand sewn up by one lady the DB knew.

They came back pretty close to an original.

The originals were made in Paris ...but thats a Bob question.

Vintage Productions loaned us the original.

Posted Image

David Ayer is a hard working man.

Never one to rest back and give orders he jumps in and gets his hands dirty.

On set he's a machine.

Here he is converting a civilian car into whermacht service by daubing it with white paint.

Copied from an original photo of course.

Touches like this are all over the movie.

If you see it 10 times you will still see something new every time.

As Rob said you will only see 15% of what was made and or done.

vintageproductions

Don't we have a photo somewhere of David helping us paint showcases before we started filming Combat Cash?

Government Issue

Here's a video of George :)

Also I ran across a pic of two officers wearing SS camo parkas during the Ardennes and thought I'd add it here since there's a US officer in the film doing the same!

post-8235-0-34043200-1413426978.jpg

I believe the man in the camo-parka on the left is the Hollywood director, George Stevens. His privately-filmed colour footage of the advance into Germany is better known to we enthusiasts as the documentary movie "From D-Day to Berlin". He can be seen here in the centre of the photograph.

1404454594645.jpg-620x349.jpg

R to L...yours truly, Will / corpsmancollector and Will's dad alongside the knocked out M4. As you can doubtless tell, it was a cold, windy day out on the battlefield!

post-8022-0-39269800-1413458855.jpg