FURY

kammo-man

Little budy ,

Instead of throwing your rattle out of your pram do some simple research.

You were given an answer by VP and came back with a smart answer.......

This is a sophisticated forum.

Play like an adult.

We can see through your childish veneer.

Its an Eastman.

Gary is a long time friend and he really came through with these jackets as short notice cutting and sewing them up.

He also gave flight bags and AAF wool beanies for the cast and producers.

I will post my bag up next.

Posted Image

We all got our nick names on white tapes made and added by Eastman.

Some had custom graphic art added by me.

Mine has FURYs bumper number one one side.

I've already experienced the technical blindness watching the trailer footage! While watching my mind temporarily gets destracted with all the technical nuances and especially all the uniforms being worn. Will likely need to watch it several times to get numb to the technical aspects in order to fully enjoy the story line.

This tank movie is going to be something special. While watching the tank duel trailer I actually got angry at the computer for cutting the clip during the heat of the fight. I've never gotten that upset at a trailer before. I really wanted to see that high velocity 76mm shoved right up the tiger's arse!!!

Sorry Bovington!!!

vintageproductions

It was bound to happen sooner or later. This is actually a Welsh-based outfit but I have no affiliation with them!

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/fury-1st-pattern-tankers-jacket-badged-as-brad-pitts-product,16496

I love this quote they made:

The tankers jacket comes with the insignia already sewn on, in the same cross over stitching as on his jacket, also the badges are the from the same manufacturing run that we supplied the film with. So although these badges where not used "on set", they are the same badges that we supplied them to use in the film.

I find the above comment a little off as the "woolie" 2nd armor division patches that are worn on Pitt's 1st model tanker jackets, that I supplied to the production, and they were made by George Petersen of National Capital Historical Sales.

vintageproductions

Hi all,

Owen - great pics! I'll get my photos from set posted as soon as possible...Really getting excited for the release now! Waiting for my local 'picture house' to release the times for next Wednesday!

Amazing documentation of the camo printing by the way...Just goes to show the attention to detail and historical accuracy which has gone into the production.

Will

Will, come on and post your shots. I know you must have gotten some killer images while you were there. Ian has posted some of his, so it's your turn now..

VINTAGE PRODUCTIONS supplied the original woolies.

GP made the extras.

The above company had nothing to do with supplying the main cast where these items were used.

Its gonna happen Bob .

501stGeronimo

I went to see "Gone Girl" tonight and a huge poster of "Fury" was hanged in the main hall of the multiplex. October 22nd would be the premiere in France.

Gone Girl was filmed in my town. Got to see alot of the filming along seeing Ben Affleck and others of the main cast. Ben was filming in my neighborhood, just a block down from me!So ready to see Fury!

Eastwoods jacket is a Luft flight jacket with all the German awards removed.

Baker Company guys are all cool guys and in a small way just may paying homage to a certain Tank movie that came before with a leading character wearing an A2.

11 out of 10 fro me!

Here are a few items of "Fury" memoribilia. This is such a long thread I really can't recall if I posted them previously. If I did, it will have been at least a couple of months ago so please forgive any repetition! As "F"-Day is almost upon us and things are reaching fever-pitch with some great new additions to this thread I thought I'd just add these to the mix. As always, thanks are due to Owen.

post-8022-0-70224400-1413355956.jpg

post-8022-0-47238200-1413355961.jpg

Not such a good review from Variety.

They do praise the "authentic details" but the "script is bland" and the " climactic showdown" silly.

They go on to say that "Inglorious Basterds" is more memorable.

The point they make is that the action is realistic but the characters and plot are not.

It's an interesting read from a different perspective than ours.

Crew

Directed, written by David Ayer. Camera (color), Roman Vasyanov; editors, Dody Dorn, Jay Cassidy; music, Steven Price; music supervisors, Season Kent, Gabe Hilfer; production designer, Andrew Menzies; supervising art director, Peter Russell; art directors, Phillip Harvey, Mark Scruton; set decorator, Lee Gordon; Costume designer, Owen Thornton; sound (THX/Dolby Digital/Datasat), Lisa Pinero; sound designer, Paul N.J. Ottosson; supervising sound editor, Ottosson; re-recording mixers, Ottoson, Marc Fishman; visual effects supervisor, Jerome Chen; visual effects producer, David Robinson; visual effects, Hammerhead Prods., Mammal Studios, Look Effects, Sony Pictures Imageworks, Colorworks, Zero VFX, Space Monkey; special effects supervisor, Andy Williams; special makeup effects supervisors, Williams, Steve Painter; stunt coordinator, Ben Cooke; tank supervisor, Jim Dowdall; Associate producer, Owen Thornton; assistant director, Toby Hefferman; second unit director, Shaun O’Dell; casting, Mary Vernieu, Lindsay Graham.

....as published with the "Variety" review.

Well, if they gave Basterds a better review, I think we can safely discount their ramblings as they are clearly insane. It wasn't the messing around with history that made me hate Inglorious Basterds. Pitt's Basterds were in it for all of about 15 minutes. It was the constant, incessant, redundant witty banter that I detested. I used to like Tarantino's films, but I think he apparently has a limited bag of tricks to pull from, because nothing in Inglorious Basterds was new. At the end of seeing that piece of trash (which should have been called "Pissed of Jewish Girl" rather than Inglorious Basterds), I was sad when I was certain that it was close to 3 AM. When I looked at my watch and saw that it was 1 AM, I felt like a winner, as less of my life was wasted.

I therefore think Fury will be good!