FURY

kammo-man

A couple of years ago I rode around the arena at The Tank Museum in the turret of their M4A3E8...same type as "Fury". Apart from a ballistic helmet, I was given some ear-defenders to wear too. I can't imagine how noisy it must have been in that turret on the move and in combat conditions with the 76mm booming away, the co-axial mg chattering away and the general hub-bub of combat wearing just an M1! At least the M-1938 with it side flaps and receivers provided a degree of muffling against the noise, plus the all important ability to communicate with the other crewmen and hear the commands.

The 14th Armored even painted their unit markings on the barrels of their Shermans.

But usually you see nicknames painted on the sides of the hulls.

As for wearing the M1 shell over the tanker helmet ..... there is footage of 4th Armored crews (commanders) wearing the m1 helmet with camo net and scrim over their tanker helmets.

Looks pretty "cool".

Erwin

The Israelis actually made a tank helmet based upon the M1. The side pieces of a '38 - type tankers' helmet were riveted to the liner and a stout leather nape protector was riveted to the back. This example was shown on the forum a while ago.

326286d1333201364t-m-1-helmet-modded-lin

Flipping through Yahoo! and look at what popped up on the "Fall Movie Preview 2014: The 32 Movies We're Most Psyched to See."

210863076c4878ba446aca23ee0bb42d609d0382

12. Fury

Release date: Oct. 17

Starring: Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf, Logan Lerman

Director: David Ayer

The scoop: Most would agree that writer-director David Ayer missed with his last effort, Sabotage, but he’s had enough solid efforts — not the least of which was 2012’s standout cop flick End of Watch — that we’re willing to bet the U.S. Navy submarine vet knows how to navigate big-budget waters. As shown in Watch and Training Day (which he wrote), Ayer knows his way around men riding in cars with tension. So Furyshould be familiar territory, as Brad Pitt plays Wardaddy, commander of a Sherman tank crew (LaBeouf, Lerman, Michael Peña, and Jon Bernthal) tasked with an against-all-odds mission toward the end of World War II.

LINK: https://www.yahoo.com/movies/fall-movie-preview-2014-the-32-movies-were-most-95471013582.html

Those promo posters are really cool to frame and hang in the collection room.

I think they have a fitting title as well ("War never ends quietly.").

Erwin

post-157-0-33054600-1408882141.jpg

6edytuqy.jpg

He's sticking his nose into 131

Correct. The very same cupola that you stood in, Owen....by appointment to His Majesty the King! ;)

Urgh... now there's a reason to lose weight...! It's the way I'm sitting, honest... hahahaha

Still, I felt better and looked fitter after working 5 weeks on extras/props etc! :)

Posted Image

Here's mark A in a shot taken from the crew book.

Needless to say Glen and Mark worked really hard whipping the extras into WW2 shape and helped with countless other things on a daily business.

Great shot, Owen! That's me behind Glen :) There seems to be lots of shots of the back of my head in this production haha. Are you trying to tell me something? :P