FURY

kammo-man

Well...I thought it would be a shame for my original Fury SS/FDR patch to languish unseen in an album, so I sewed it onto my repro OD Field Jacket which I actually wear as a leisure jacket ( it's Belgian-made and as repros go it's one of the best IMHO)

post-8022-0-16265300-1408542497.jpg

post-8022-0-56446300-1408542499.jpg

post-8022-0-41298500-1408542502.jpg

Nice shots Glenn.

Sab ..

Now you have to explain that patch every time you wear it !

owen

Just as long as I won't get arrested! :D

That was exactly my first reaction, especially in the UK...

We are very liberal here in the UK. Most people wouldn't notice or even care.

You could walk down Oxford Street in Central London with a pair of underpants on your head and people wouldn't notice.

That was exactly my first reaction, especially in the UK...

Just because we can't tote firearms doesn't mean this is a police state!! ;)

Posted Image

One thing that is really special.

The FURY cast and crew book.

This looks just like a US Army year book and shows almost all of the cast and crew in many candid pictures.

I believe there were 350 made.

One thing that is really special.

The FURY cast and crew book.

This looks just like a US Army year book and shows almost all of the cast and crew in many candid pictures.

I believe there were 350 made.

I've seen many great shots being taken on and off set so I'd love to have a flick through this book to see how they've come out.

tank destroyer

Because of the movie, do you think there will be a demand for the m-1938 tanker helmet. You don't see many post concerning the the helmet maybe a renewed internet?

Because of the movie, do you think there will be a demand for the m-1938 tanker helmet. You don't see many post concerning the the helmet maybe a renewed internet?

Do you mean "renewed interest"? ;) Well, it remains to be seen if the reenacting community will go "tanker crazy" in the wake of the movie. If they do, there are already passable repro tanker helmets to be had...likewise repro wiring looms...if they don't have or choose not to use the real thing. Below is one such example available from a major British outfit, Soldier of Fortune.

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/m1938-ww2-us-tankers-helmet-product,15299

US%20Tankers%20Helmet%20061013%2001.JPG

I've searched this entire thread but couldn't find any reference to this question:

was it common for US tankers in WWII to paint the tank's name on the gun barrel?

I always think of US WWII tank names being painted mainly on the sponsons.

To me, tank names on gun barrels is something seen on M1 Abrams from the Desert Storm era forward.

Apologies if this has been covered and I didn't see it.

just an idle thought. ;)

Terry

One small point per the helmets, and I think photographs back this up, came from my great uncle who served as a bog gunner in the 701st Tank Battalion. I specifically asked if they wore tanker helmets or regular M1s and he said M1s.

One small point per the helmets, and I think photographs back this up, came from my great uncle who served as a bog gunner in the 701st Tank Battalion. I specifically asked if they wore tanker helmets or regular M1s and he said M1s.

So how did they communicate within the tank? M1s were sometimes worn over M-1938s as additional ballistic protection.

16M1938&M1Left300x300Red.jpg

I've searched this entire thread but couldn't find any reference to this question:

was it common for US tankers in WWII to paint the tank's name on the gun barrel?

I always think of US WWII tank names being painted mainly on the sponsons.

To me, tank names on gun barrels is something seen on M1 Abrams from the Desert Storm era forward.

I thought this as well as soon as I first saw the name on the barrel.