FURY

kammo-man

Now there's a young man who knows where he is going.

And he has that awful "symbol Hell On Wheels" on his hat.

Must be a German writer or someone who has no idea that the hat is from the film.

audacia cum prudentia

I talked to Shia Le Beouf quite a bit on the set - he approached me and began talking, not the other way around, ( and got into the unscripted "Beans" fight with him and Mike Penna ) and Speak as I find he was ok, no airs and graces at all, as did none of the others to be honest - except Brad Pitt who made eye contact with no-one !

I'm rather impressed that he is wearing a Tank Jacket and 2AD baseball cap in publi

I talked to Shia Le Beouf quite a bit on the set - he approached me and began talking, not the other way around, ( and got into the unscripted "Beans" fight with him and Mike Penna ) and Speak as I find he was ok, no airs and graces at all, as did none of the others to be honest - except Brad Pitt who made eye contact with no-one !

I'm rather impressed that he is wearing a Tank Jacket and 2AD baseball cap in publi

I am pretty impressed with the tanker jacket and 2nd AD hat in public as well.

-Dave

His leaving the interview is great publicity for Fury.

They got loads of pictures of Shia, wearing the jacket and hat, all over the net.

He looks like he just came in from the battle field.

Even the way he has his boots and pants makes it look like he has cavalry breeches.

How did he loose his tooth ?

Bitting into a Tiger ?

audacia cum prudentia

His leaving the interview is great publicity for Fury.

They got loads of pictures of Shia, wearing the jacket and hat, all over the net.

He looks like he just came in from the battle field.

Even the way he has his boots and pants makes it look like he has cavalry breeches.

How did he loose his tooth ?

Bitting into a Tiger ?

He pulled it out on set to avoid filming delay, also he did not wash properly for much of the filming - as they did not have chance in 1945 either

my kind of re-enactor TBH, he can come on a 2nd Armored In Europe trip and day - www.2ndarmoredineurope.co.uk

Seems odd that crew filming stuff hasn't popped up on eBay, it usually does the minute the crew disperses after the wrap.

Shia is probably the best candidate to become a collector.

Well, he's already played a WW2 re-enactor (one of the very few actors who could ever say they've had that role), in "The Battle of Shaker Heights"...

• 2 weeks later...

As I mentioned in a previous post, I had the pleasure and privilege of spending a day on set and had the opportunity of observing the uniforms of the central characters and the rifle squad "close up and personal". Attention to detail is extreme. When the movie eventually hits the screen it will be a feast for uniform spotters' eyes...trust me!

Re the comment about the lack of unofficial crew footage on YouTube, when we arrived on set, the first thing we had to do was go to the production office to sign a legally binding "disclaimer" which prohibited us from taking photographs etc., which could thereafter be leaked to the press for profit. I believe this is standard practice within the movie industry and which no doubt covers crew members too, with their much greater access.

I originally commented about the frogskin and whether it was a shirt and pants set or if it was the one-piece, but since you can tell there is nothing under the guy's green HBT shirt, that pretty much answers it for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Historically 2AD were issued this pattern so it goes to reason a few pieces were retained by individuals.

The shirt appears as would appear on the 45 time frame.

Dirty and worn.

Used and abused.

The movie will be a nice juicy uniform delight for advanced and the novice !!!

Stay tuned for more war fashion

Owen

I picked up the January issue of "Esquire" magazine whilst sitting waiting in the barber-shop yesterday. In it was a preview of this year's upcoming movies. "Fury" was featured as one of them...said "October 2014" ?

Historically 2AD were issued this pattern so it goes to reason a few pieces were retained by individuals.

The shirt appears as would appear on the 45 time frame.

Dirty and worn.

Used and abused.

Hey Owen - with that raft of WWII pics you sourced to base things on, did you come up with some pics from '45 of 2AD still with camos amongst them? I never thought to ask you about this one when we were on set, but as we're (2nd Armored in Europe) busy having a discussion about when the last pic of them being worn in 2AD is from, if you have any from later than Sept '44, I'd love to see them - drop me an email please.

Cheers,

Glen.

Glenn

The reference shots would have been sent to your department.

If not you should have asked for them.

Cammo was pictured being worn by a tanker with German prisoners some time in 45

Owen

Just curious, couldn't many of the message in this thread be best as PMs? I think many people are looking into this thread for info on the movie, not an ongoing, "you rock" personal coversation among people who were at the set.

Just sayin'....