FURY

kammo-man

ViewfinderGyrene

a real WWII tank named "Fury"

Now that's a photo! Thanks for sharing, do we know what unit the crew was in?

The Signal Corps caption only indicates "2nd Armored". But not clear which regiment: either 66th or 67th Armored Regiment. RobL

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

The friend who bought the signed Brad Pitt Fury jacket has it up for sale, he was going to get it framed up with a 2nd Armored patch and some other bits but has to let it go for another purchase.

so if you missed out last time grab a bargain.

After going over it its definitely a screen worn jacket in some capacity as the original description says.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brad-Pitts-Original-Signed-Tank-Jacket-From-The-Film-Fury-/331625899363?ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:AU:1123

Ask anyone into film props and they'll cry when they see that jacket.

Signing a prop like that actually decreases its value, generally, among film prop/costume collectors...

Have not commented on the movie yet so here goes, might annoy some of the U.S. movie lovers but I really didn't like the over the top Hollywood, with brad Pitt perfect slicked backed hair .

The other thing was the final battle which was completely inaccurate, destroying Germany's elite SS.

Overall the film was good though

I wasn't a big fan either. While I really liked the battle scenes, I did not like the story line between the soldiers. I saw it the one time and haven't bothered to see it again.

...Kat

I have not chimed in yet either, but I also did not care much for Fury. Although technically impressive, sadly this alone was not enough to make Fury a good movie. The characters were somehow not all that appealing (due to the script they were stuck with or sub par acting? I don't know which) or even all that interesting and the plot was quite predictable - with the exception of the nonsensically unbelievable final battle, which was the worst. Fury could have been so much more but instead, it is just another war movie among so many others...

Ah right ... the 'almighty' SS (what a joke).

To each his own, I guess ....

The battle scenes were one of the hardest I ever saw and I really liked the part where the Sherman platoon encounters that Tiger.

In fact that part of the movie I have seen about 7 or 8 times already.

Admitted the last part where the lone Sherman defended the crossroads was seriously over the top.

But so many movies are over the top in some scenes.

Besides, it is a war MOVIE, NOT a war DOCUMENTARY (there is a difference).

As for the interaction between the characters, well new guys got treated this way.

They had to prove themselves to be worthy (if they didn't die in the first battle).

This was true in the armor, infantry, airborne and any other branch.

Seeing too many men die, the survivors didn't want to take the time to get to know the "new guy" (emotional self protection?).

And in every group of people you have different characters (arrogant ones, friendly ones, real bastards, etc.).

I personally disliked the loader in that crew a lot.

Maybe too much was crammed together in this movie, but a lot of those things happened during the war.

Whether you like it or not.

Afterall, I rather have a movie like "FURY" than a movie like the old "Battle of the Bulge" (other examples exist).

Erwin

Definitely to each his own. Based on your avatar, you love tanks. Therefore, you would obviously love this movie. Someone who loves planes would love movies such as 12 O’clock High. Some people prefer to watch a movie with many battle scenes. Some people prefer to watch a movie with a great story line. This is why so many different kinds of movies are made. Personally, I have watched the old Battle of the Bulge many times. I watched this once and was done. To each his own.

...Kat

Personally, I have watched the old Battle of the Bulge many times. I watched this once and was done. To each his own.

...Kat

Agreed.

Afterall, I rather have a movie like "FURY" than a movie like the old "Battle of the Bulge" (other examples exist).

Erwin

I'm with Erwin on this one- I liked "Fury" well enough to put it on my shelf.

• 4 months later...
vintageproductions

We are reopening this thread, since the auctions are now running from FURY.

Keep it civil as there will be no tolerance for fighting or provoking fights on this thread.

Good to see this back open although there is not really much left to discuss on the movie so how's about posting pics of your Fury prop pickups and displays.

Gotta admit, the work on this piece is cool, but it sure gives you an odd feeling! Very interesting. I intended to display this piece, but I think I might need to devise a better storage for it somehow to keep the grime and blood on it.

post-9670-0-99359600-1450582537.jpg

I may post some others tomorrow. I sure wish I could have gotten more, but my meager haul was bought with borderline irresponsibility, so I had to restrain myself. I kicked around the idea of maybe selling one uniform set from the lots that I got to minimize the expense, but seeing it all in hand, I have a pair of pants from the double for "Binkowski," some other heavily grimed uniforms, and I really find that nothing is redundant in my haul. I like it all, and find the aging to really make it pop, no two pieces are the same. Rather than move a set, I think I'll be on the lookout for a couple of more pieces on the secondary market and add to the mix. I'd sure like a tanker jacket from the movie, kinda regret not getting one!

I liked the movie when it first came out a great deal, and it keeps growing on me even more. I have to credit the folks behind this film. Every time I see it, I remember something from "Death Traps", or see a little detail that I spotted in one of Zaloga's books. I'm afraid I'm going to have to get a blu-ray player soon. Gots to get those deleted scenes!

Check yer pockets, fellas, way down deep! I'd assume these pants were worn in the scene where the gentlemen let off steam once the town has been taken!

post-9670-0-80172300-1450590554.jpg