FURY

kammo-man

Be sure to pay attention at how Wardaddy can't get passed his first impression of Norman in the camp scene when he reports to Wardaddy after first being assigned to his tank. He seems to be standing beside himself in anger, utter surprise and disbelief at Norman's face. You will only understand why when you watch the deleted scenes in the Blue Ray version. The BR added so much more supporting information to the plot.. It's wonderful.

Be sure to pay attention at how Wardaddy can't get passed his first impression of Norman in the camp scene when he reports to Wardaddy after first being assigned to his tank. He seems to be standing beside himself in anger, utter surprise and disbelief at Norman's face. You will only understand why when you watch the deleted scenes in the Blue Ray version. The BR added so much more supporting information to the plot.. It's wonderful.

I agree about the BR. I feel had what you are referencing made the cut, it would have changed many people's opinions about aspects of the movie. It explained multiple issues and questions people had about the plot of the movie.

Just a simple question here, I watched this movie in theaters and loved it. The sound was amazing and I could really feel each shot. That being said, I want to show some other friends the movie but was wondering if watching it with just standard flat screen speakers will do it justice. I feel like it needs to be watched with surround sound to make it feel correctly when the tanks fire. Might just be me being picky, but whats everyone's thoughts on this? If I show it on a plain tv, will they get the same effect?

Roll on a Director's Cut.... ;)

I won't hold my breath. I keep hearing of a Saving Private Ryan director's cut and we're no closer to it now than we were over 15 years ago...

Just a simple question here, I watched this movie in theaters and loved it. The sound was amazing and I could really feel each shot. That being said, I want to show some other friends the movie but was wondering if watching it with just standard flat screen speakers will do it justice. I feel like it needs to be watched with surround sound to make it feel correctly when the tanks fire. Might just be me being picky, but whats everyone's thoughts on this? If I show it on a plain tv, will they get the same effect?

Well, you will definately miss the ricochets of the projectiles during the tank battle sequences... Man that was wild! I never heard those in any movie before.

I won't hold my breath. I keep hearing of a Saving Private Ryan director's cut and we're no closer to it now than we were over 15 years ago...

Oh I don't know... It's not like Spielberg reads the US Military Forum like others hereon!

Yeah, I feel for anyone who put off seing it in a theater. Totally different experience.

One thing I noticed on DVD is you can't hear the radio traffic at the very start of the movie like you could in the theater.

I went to see it with a guy who didn't know the historical stuff (such as why were they gonna shoot that one German in the back, we both missed the GI mentioning it was a GI raincoat, but of course I could tell by sight) and I explained why the comms were impressive, in that they were from Rob's original tanker radio. I loved the German breaking into the same freq as well.

But can't hear any of that on a TV...

Yeah, but still nothing like you'll get in a movie theater.

Blu-Ray is an inevitable thing for me someday, but a home theater system is NOT. My wife slammed the brakes on that concept years ago. She has super-sensitive hearing and can't handle anything loud. I'm forever having to turn down the TV to levels I can barely hear. When watching TV with her, I'm constantly having to ask what a character said as we have to have the volume so low for her.

stonewaller

FURY Blue Ray + Home theater system + 55" big screen = they all go together like peanut butter and jelly! :D

Second that! I'm also going to give it a try in our dubbing suites at work :)

Yeah, but still nothing like you'll get in a movie theater.

Blu-Ray is an inevitable thing for me someday, but a home theater system is NOT. My wife slammed the brakes on that concept years ago. She has super-sensitive hearing and can't handle anything loud. I'm forever having to turn down the TV to levels I can barely hear. When watching TV with her, I'm constantly having to ask what a character said as we have to have the volume so low for her.

i have the same problem as you, the wife has the volume turned down.

i solved it by haveing another tv and blue ray player in the back room.

i also use stereo headphones they are great for watching war films.

and blue ray players are not that expensive these days nor are headphones.

most people have more than one tv these days.

at least give the headphones a try you will hear the differance.

wwIIfighterpilots

Owen,

Could I ask you a quick Fury prop question? Could you send me an email so I can ask? I tried to send you a message through the forum but it says you are not receiving e-mails.

Thank you.

Mike in Georgia

[email protected]

vintageproductions

Owen is out of the country working on another film right now and is not checking the forum like he usually does when he is home.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to watch Fury at home and get an experience similar to the theater audio, I suggest headphones, turned up to almost painful level. That was how loud they played Fury in my local theater, the seats vibrated.

navycollector

i have the same problem as you, the wife has the volume turned down.

i solved it by haveing another tv and blue ray player in the back room.

i also use stereo headphones they are great for watching war films.

and blue ray players are not that expensive these days nor are headphones.

most people have more than one tv these days.

at least give the headphones a try you will hear the differance.

I also use headphones for war movies or any kind of movie that benefits from actually hearing the surround sound. My recommendation is to get the nicest pair of stereo headphones within reasonable cost that cover your whole ear, and pick up an extension for the cord while you're at it too if watching from farther back.

Gonna be a long time until i get the real 'Fury' experience then, as the studio has decreed that DVD owners don't deserve the bonus material...

The extra 50 minutes of material is now being distributed on the regular DVDs, not the Blue Ray. I just saw standard DVDs with the extras in a supermarket DVD display.

Look out for them.

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY got to see this movie, initial impressions were

Brutal imagery of casualties and tank warfare, the movies did not flinch showing the horror of such warfare.

The filth on every soldier be it the tankers oil stains to the grunts dirt.

The results of being captured wearing US gear, the hatred of the Waffen-SS

Realistic use of Willy Pete

I was quite impressed and liked about 95% of it (less the "Love Story")

Pitt reminded me of many Non-Coms I've known.

• 4 weeks later...