FURY

kammo-man

vintageproductions

Bob did give me a creative cursing book for my birthday one year so I can thank him for he monster I have became.

He's right, I did...

It is all my fault he posts the way he does, sorry everyone

It must have been a honor to meet those men and it goes to show just like my grand father told me (an OSS vet who parachuted into Burma) there is a bond with all men that have been in combat that can never be broken.

-Dave

Totally. I was the only one that saw it. John (D-Day vet) taught me to wash dishes years ago helping out when the Lodge used to serve breakfasts on Saturdays. He's slowing down some, but he still walks every day and stops at the volunteer firehouse where he was a founding member.

My father was in combat during WW II with the 69th Infantry. He never used the f-bomb in front of us kids, but after we would go to bed -- and I would sneak down the steps to listen in when he was reminiscing with his Army buddies, there were lots of F-bombs and other vulgarities.

ena5ehe3.jpg

I encourage all to pay their respects there.

Thanks T

You are too kind

O

Been there. Done that!

I've even helped some vets make the pilgrimage in uniform!

Owen....saw Fury tonight and thought it was outstanding. Like others here have said, you got it right! If you do a Pacific theatre movie and need some of those USMC helmet covers back I will give you a Hollywood price.

Great job.

Ronnie

Anyone notice the loaded Dragon Wagon ?

Yes, saw Gav's Dragon Wagon, but remind me why there's a guy standing on top of the cab with his trousers down....?

Was probably outside packing the (sadly unseen) bandolier box for at the foxholes at the time so didn't see the reasoning for that bit... :huh:

I know what he was supposed to be doing, but you can't see that though... all you can see is his white arse flashing by as our heroes drive out of "Battalion"... which if you weren't on set, but are watching closely, must make you think "What the....???"

Thought you'd like the opportunity to explain it... hahahaha ;)

The dead German lying in the road was also done in the film, "Cross of Iron," and probably based on the original photo posted above...

I am noticing this more and more in films where you can tell that whoever is handling the sets and costumes are using original WWII photos to fill in the blanks. In this case, the famous shot of the flattened soldier. I'm happy to see them doing this. I got a kick out of it when I saw it in the movie as it was fitting. In Red Tails, the scene where the pilots are walking down the flightline also has an equivalent WWII photo and it looks absolutely real on the screen. The Stalingrad movie showing the statue with the children dancing around a crocodile is also a nice touch. They all link the past to the present in my mind.

-Ski

Saw it Saturday afternoon and I think its pretty damn good :). Ya there are a couple of nick pics, but that's all, just nick pics. I'll be watching it again, and probably a third time, and again after that, and .....

As for the question about spraying oneself with white powder, my first thought is for lice. Or, perhaps once after washing, some baby powder to help prevent crotch rot. Believe me, I know :(!

A pat on the back to all those involved in the making of 'Fury'!

Joe

Posted Image

David Ayer sitting in FURY turret say to me

"Hey O jump up here and observe"

So I jump up and he's smiling.

The whole set is quiet and the AD shouts action.

FURY guns it and we roll into camp.

The camp itself is like walking into a dream of WW2.

Everything is moving,there is smoke and smells everywhere.

There is screaming coming from the medical tents.

MPs ars barking at Germans.

Men are singing.