FURY

kammo-man

• 2 weeks later...

I hope those Hollywood types won't bust our Tiger!! :o It took years to restore it to running order. It's an awesome beast. I had the pleasure of watching it strut its stuff at this year's Tankfest at the Tank Museum!

post-8022-0-70432700-1372681668.jpg

The Bovington Tiger isn't actually the only running one. There is another in England - although it isn't widely reported. The Bovington one however, is the most all original where as the other UK one is made up from several Tigers.

Rich

I can confirm the TIGER was on set and will be in the movie .............

just check out the directors twitter feed for latest updates if images daily .

I still can't wrap my brain around the idea of a real Tiger I being used, running, in a WW2 movie. And to think about all these years of people talking about how impressive the 'Kelly's Heroes' T-34 mockups were...

I can confirm the TIGER was on set and will be in the movie .............

just check out the directors twitter feed for latest updates if images daily .

And how exactly would someone find this, to check it?

Incidentally, the vehicle on the right is an awesome tracking vehicle I have worked with before, called the vampire BATT. The owner is an absolute diamond geezer!

I'm pretty sure bovvy have a crew to ensure the well being of the tiger.

I still can't wrap my brain around the idea of a real Tiger I being used, running, in a WW2 movie. And to think about all these years of people talking about how impressive the 'Kelly's Heroes' T-34 mockups were...

That's why I eluded this film is gonna make film history!

That's why I eluded this film is gonna make film history!

Well, technically the post WW2 British film "Theirs Is The Glory" was probably the first to use a real Tiger tank in a film. It was a leftover from the Battle of Arnhem.

Johan Willaert

Well, technically the post WW2 British film "Theirs Is The Glory" was probably the first to use a real Tiger tank in a film. It was a leftover from the Battle of Arnhem.

I should probably check as it's been a while, but wasn't that a Panther???

There is a working Tiger I, a burning Tiger II, several Panthers, Pz III, a captured French Tank.

Every reunion my family had Paras stay at their house in Arnhem and Oosterbeek.

My cousin in Oosterbeek found all kinds of British equipment in the basement rafters when they moved in back in the 70's.

Their house had been an aid station.