FURY

kammo-man

As Owen is both a forum member and a producer of the movie, I think he has every right to respond to the hostile tone and critical comments of certain individuals. The key words are "Forum etiquette". 'Nuff said?

I for one will have my WWII film goggles on and will enjoy every minute of this film come hell or high water! B) Doesn't sound to me that I will need my special "Pearl Harbor" goggles for this one. :lol: With that said, still enjoyed that film as well. Just happy they make new WWII films.

Zeph

The problem as I see it is that people like you would not give someone of my age the time of day.

The attitude is "Your not old enough to possibly know what your talking about". Where does that leave me?

As with everyone in a position of power as soon as someone rises against your belief then you will do all you can to destroy that persons credibility and opinion. Push it all aside so that its only your view which remains.

In my view, the younger members are constantly taken for granted.

Maybe Im not so angry at the film, but more at the way we have been treated.

You wont have to worry about any continued response. I let you continue and keep up with progress in the Daily Mail.

"Lagoon Red Out!"

Jon

Jon please stick around. Seriously. Please do not mistake passion for dismissal. This is a collector's forum and collectors can be tough on each other sometimes. If you want the time of day, ask for it. There are people here with decades of experience, authors of reference books, etc.

Ask questions, participate. Build some street cred. The hobby needs you younger gentlemen.

The problem as I see it is that people like you would not give someone of my age the time of day.

The attitude is "Your not old enough to possibly know what your talking about". Where does that leave me?

As with everyone in a position of power as soon as someone rises against your belief then you will do all you can to destroy that persons credibility and opinion. Push it all aside so that its only your view which remains.

You wont have to worry about any continued response. I let you continue and keep up with progress in the Daily Mail.

"Lagoon Red Out!"

Jon

HolyHappiness

"Lagoon Red Out!"

Jon

Being young doesn't make people take you for granted. It's all about the way you present yourself and you're attitude. I'm 22 and have earned quite a bit of respect for my knowledge and collection of USAAF© memoriblia in northern Utah. I didn't get there by showing up with an arrogant attitude pointing out why everyone is wrong. The best way to gain respect is to give respect, ask questions, and admit you're wrong; these don't make you weak, these show that you are human and are as capable to make mistakes and learn like the rest of us. It's when someone's attitude comes across "I'm right, you're" wrong that potential friendships turn hostile. By no means have you been shunned from the forum. Like I said, we all make mistakes but to show true character, is to learn from them.

Cheers from another young collector,

Nathan

Everyone..

I am going to ask that we keep things cool, do not take a film personally. With 16,000 members on this forum there will be a wide range of opinions given, not everyone is going to agree.

I have no connection to the film, but I am looking forward to seeing it when it comes out next year. How can any WWII film be bad for the hobby? At this point our veterans of WWII are passing from us daily, is it a bad thing for the public to have a reason to pause and remember the war that they fought in?

RC

Jon ,

Like I already stated...........respect forum manners and play cool ....and be cool its pretty simple.

I have been a paying member here for many years and double over backwards to help anyone who asks.

The bad attitude is all in your head dude, but remember as another member stated , build up some street cred and dont come in brandishing a big club about a subject....it gets real old , real fast regardless of the subject matter.

USMF has the best rep for being squared away 100%.

Lets keep it that way.

owen

"Lagoon Red Out!"

Jon

Now look here sonny!!!.... FOG%5B1%5D.gif (...meant to be funny)

It is very OBVIOUS to me that you are knowledgable. You know your stuff. Really Jon. You are a valuable member of this forum, just like the rest of us. There...I said it.

No one is trying to invalidate your point of view, just trying to show you some things you may not be considering is all. We all are imperfect yet have something to offer.

How about a 2 post .....poster just flapping gums .......and complaining .....pretty simple really .

owen

Got it

Push on Owen!

Im chuffed about this film and im sure we will only see about 10% of your hard work on screen.

Regards

Sam

+1

Infantry men use tanker jacket, officiers use paratrooper boots,..... The reality was never like in TM and rules....

Efforts to make a good movie seem obvious... Let a chance at this film...

I have just one thing to tell: Wait and See

TBF it isn't a Tanker Jacket it's a Winter Combat Jacket and in Italy was issued in some numbers to Infantry along with the overalls that were part of the uniform

I am sure once it's finally released, it will get a thorough critique here.

I think what really cracks me up about this thread is that this statement was made on page 2 in post #29. I find it funny that we didn’t even have to wait until the release before we got a thorough critique. Here we are on page 12 Post #231. It has been way over critiqued. AND no one has actually seen the movie! :D

I am really looking forward to the movie. I will wait until I actually see the movie before I judge it.

...Kat

I think what really cracks me up about this thread is that this statement was made on page 2 in post #29. I find it funny that we didn’t even have to wait until the release before we got a thorough critique. Here we are on page 12 Post #231. It has been way over critiqued. AND no one has actually seen the movie! :D

I am really looking forward to the movie. I will wait until I actually see the movie before I judge it.

...Kat

We'll have none of that making sense here Kat. It's been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that this movie is going to be bad and the filming hasn't even finished!

Makes me wonder what the rivet counters thought about "Kelly's Hero's" back in the day. Was it "positive waves" cause they made an effort, or "negative waves" cause it wasn't perfect? :)

TBF it isn't a Tanker Jacket it's a Winter Combat Jacket and in Italy was issued in some numbers to Infantry along with the overalls that were part of the uniform

You're right :blush:

I wonder if they got the Storm Trooper uniforms correct in Star Wars?

Kurt

They actually used the incorrect shin guards in movies IV and V...they used the pre-Rebellion "pointed" top vice the Rebellion-time "curved with flair" top...I don't know why anyone didn't catch that. I think George Lucas should be flayed. I've lost at least 18 years of sleep over it. HOW COULD THEY HAVE DONE THIS? Making such a simple mistake! Completely unacceptable! DOWN WITH GEORGE LUCAS! DOWN WITH STAR WARS!

They actually used the incorrect shin guards in movies IV and V...they used the pre-Rebellion "pointed" top vice the Rebellion-time "curved with flair" top...I don't know why anyone didn't catch that. I think George Lucas should be flayed. I've lost at least 18 years of sleep over it. HOW COULD THEY HAVE DONE THIS? Making such a simple mistake! Completely unacceptable! DOWN WITH GEORGE LUCAS! DOWN WITH STAR WARS!

You're onto something. Why else would Lucas have sold out to Disney? :rolleyes:

I find the idea that one can time travel and appear at the exact same spot on the earth -say 500 years ago or whatever- to be amusing, since it does not take into account the rotation of the earth. I hope they have a spacesuit. :o

Anyway, that does not take away the enjoyment of such films since all film requires a suspense of reality to fully enjoy.

For all the hype, special effects, big named stars and must have big set piece action scenes that ALL the latest modern films have you still can't touch the likes of "Battleground" or "The Story of GI Joe" for having that "Authentic" feel to them. Modern films don't come anywhere close despite how much money they throw at a production.

For me WW2 will always be better in black and white.

Rich