FURY

kammo-man

Just remember though lads, and genuinely no wishing to teach anyone to suck my eggs, but NO discussion of plot, storyline or anything else but the kit !

Understood Sarge...Out

Regards

Lloyd

vintageproductions

Lloyd-No I was here in Southern California at the yard where Rob built everything and then shipped them over to the production.

Bob

PS I see RobL is looking at this thread right now, and hope he realizes everyone appreciates the hard work he and his helpers did in making these items.

audacia cum prudentia

No false flattery - that's not my style but Rob's stuff was so good it was love and hate in equal measure, I loved that is was so perfect but hated it that I'd never been able to make the same stuff half as good, I could feel my fingers twitching to drape all the 2nd Armored in Europe's vehicles in those 10 - in - 1 boxes

Maybe MR.Lihani should pop out another batch for the guys out here who own tanks...then maybe he could start cranking out hawley liners again too!

Glad to hear Rob contributed props to this movie, i have several of his various products and once he decides to make something, nobody will ever make a more authentic version of it later on...

vintageproductions

If you have a complaint and are on set, instead of coming on here and shredding it, why don't you go to the costumers or one of the Assistant Producers, and voice your opinion? This will get a lot farther then just slamming the set-ups on a forum.

I'm not on set, so thanks very much for removing my comments on the uniforms - perhaps I'll just have to wait for it to come out on the big screen to be able to discuss it then.

Are there no proper advisors on set for the costumers or assistant producers to consult with? Scrolling through the posts above there does seem to be some sort of advisors there, don't know if they're advising on the uniforms though.

There was me thinking I was being good by not publishing the photos I'd been sent - perhaps I should have just posted them up for comment. They were taken from a public area by a member of the public not involved on set, so can't see how they were breaking any rules/laws anyway.

Anyhow, perhaps this will be a taste of things to come unless they decide to change the atypical weirdness....

Confused,

Steve.

Are there no proper advisors on set for the costumers or assistant producers to consult with? Scrolling through the posts above there does seem to be some sort of advisors there, don't know if they're advising on the uniforms though.

Yes there are actually! Plenty of them. Take that thought process out of the discussion because that's not what this is film all about. Just sit back and enjoy the fireworks! This film will make film history I can assure you.

This film will make film history I can assure you.

That's a bit of a bold statement. I think SPR already did that.

Of course you and others on here have an interest in seeing it do well so I don't expect anything less.

vintageproductions

No one is saying this is 100% historically accurate film, this is a movie for entertainment not a documentary.

Like has been said in other threads when posters want to slag tv shows because something is not what they think it is. These movies / tv shows are not made for collectors they are made for the 99.9% of the rest of humanity. The movie is to entertain, not educate.

Since the movie is just starting to film, why don't you all sit back and relax, and wait for it to be released before you condemn it. You have a little over a year until its released.

vintageproductions

That's a bit of a bold statement. I think SPR already did that.

Of course you and others on here have an interest in seeing it do well so I don't expect anything less.

But yet, you still have people / collectors who want to point out everything that is wrong with Saving Private Ryan also.

No film director is every going to make every single person happy.

But yet, you still have people / collectors who want to point out everything that is wrong with Saving Private Ryan also.

No film director is every going to make every single person happy.

Agreed. For example, "Gravity" is an amazing movie, but being familiar with space stuff, I knew a lot of it simply couldn't happen at all. That didn't stop me from enjoying the movie more than any movie I've seen in recent years...

We have to cultivate a suspension of disbelief when we view a movie. As advanced collectors we are all guilty of ignoring the wood for the trees because rather than relaxing and following the plot we're too busy scanning each scene searching for visual errors....and, if we're honest, we get a sense of schadenfreude if we notice that the insignia is incorrect or that item "x" wasn't yet in the inventory in 1944 etc. etc. It's an affliction and we're all sufferers!

But Ian dont you think "IF" its blatantly wrong it kinda sours the rest of the movie and all the hard work thats gone into the background.

Battle of the Bulge...M51 Jackets..M48 Patton Tanks...Wrong Jeeps....Incorrect Tanker Helmets....etc etc etc

Regards

Lloyd

I hear what you say Lloyd. When I saw "Battle of the Bulge" as a teenager in the cinema back in the 60s I loved it. As an experienced adult collector, I view it differently now because I recognize the errors (but I still bought it on DVD!) Most of the great war movies of the past 40 years are peppered with errors....M3 half tracks with black crosses...every German armed with an MP40...swivel bail M1s etc., but that doesn't make them any less enjoyable. Just think of "Kelly's Heroes"!! SPR raised the bar but even that wasn't perfect...nor was BoB...nor "Pacific". I still enjoyed them though, for all the minor inaccuracies!

Ah yes Ian but you see now thats a very good point...i LOVE Kellys Heroes....even though its filled with errors from uniform collectors point of view...M45 packs...."stoned" tank commanders....Fezzes.....louspeakers on BC-1000s...and Belgian BARs......but its not touted as a accurate "war film"......is it..?

But i bet you watch the film over and over and not get bored

woof woof woof....

Regards

Lloyd

lets face it

m44 gogles-farby

m8 drivers wearing 5 cell thompson pouches as frontal body armour off a german breadbag strap-farby

m8 crew with mp40s-farby

main characters wearing A2 flight jackets-farby

nco stripes sown onto raincoats-farby

liebermuster on the west front???

etc etc

easy things not to do-why not keep it generic-surely that honours the GIs of ww2 better instead of turning it into "kellys heroes mk 2"

An M41 JACKET/HBTS/LEGGINGS AND ROUGHOUTS WAS GOOD ENOUGH FOR TOM HANKS & STARS

It will be a fabulous film im sure,but spoilt to a small degree by the temptation of individuals to "spice it up"- it doesnt need it,less is more in this game

Honour the men who fought by showing that none were more special than any others

kidnapcp

No one is saying this is 100% historically accurate film, this is a movie for entertainment not a documentary.

Sheesh...I've seen THREE (3) documentaries covering the military event I was personally involved in and, for which I had to provide testimony regarding my actions (participation)...all three of the docu's were grossly inaccurate in the "facts" they presented.

When (NOT IF) I see this film, it will be for the purpose of enjoyment rather than picking apart. Lord knows that there has yet to be made a WWII surface Navy film that has any modicum of accuracy...but that never takes away from their entertainment value.

Sheesh...I've seen THREE (3) documentaries covering the military event I was personally involved in and, for which I had to provide testimony regarding my actions (participation)...all three of the docu's were grossly inaccurate in the "facts" they presented.

When (NOT IF) I see this film, it will be for the purpose of enjoyment rather than picking apart. Lord knows that there has yet to be made a WWII surface Navy film that has any modicum of accuracy...but that never takes away from their entertainment value.

Hear! Hear! ( though "Pearl Harbor" was undeniably the mother of all doozies!)

Your right Rally, you know what Navy movie I would love to see? a real accurate well done Docudrama one on the Battles off the Canal in the fall of 42, Juneau and all (but NOT, Repeate NOT focusing strickly on the Juneau/Sullivan Brothers, portraying them as a part of the overall yes).