FURY

kammo-man

Sorry folks. I was just asked by the forum to refrain from giving away any more information on the film. Supposedly the director himself contacted the forum and demanded I be censored. Of course I will not spill any more of the stuff I know, but it would have at least been polite for the people concerned to contact me directly instead of giving the forum managers a hard time and having them have to contact me.

Of course my point was that things in a script do not often make it to the final film. Like the scene in Windtalkers where the guy steps on one of those 'mines that only goes off when you step off it' (!), or the amazing scene in a mid version of SPR where Captain Miller is held up by an 88, so they wait for nightfall, and the Germans to fall asleep, so they can sneak up and pull the 88 away (no, seriously,).

If I have ruined the film for anyone I'm really sorry and humbly apologize to you. I just always feel that if you are going to spend the time and money to make a major motion picture you might as well try and make it the best you can historically wise. There does seem to be a direct correlation between how much money a film e eventually makes and how accurate it is.

I find all of this banter about a movie to be interesting. Like most of you, I like a good movie and accuracy certainly helps, but when I buy a ticket I fully realize that I am seeing a movie. Some here act as if the wrong model tank for the period depicted will cause them great personal harm. Other defend the film better than the 24th Regiment of Foot defended Rorke's Drift. I will pay my $$ and see the movie and hopefully be entertained, and if so, then it will be a success for me. I think people on both ends of the spectrum should lighten up and realize that this is just a movie, made for entertainment. The people making it are not perfect nor are they any better than the rest of us because of their 15 minutes of perceived fame... Brad Pitt is a good actor and from what I have seen the director is good as well. That being said, it will be on DVD for $13.00 at Wal-Mart by Christmas 2015 so lets not get all worked up. Scott

I find all of this banter about a movie to be interesting. Like most of you, I like a good movie and accuracy certainly helps, but when I buy a ticket I fully realize that I am seeing a movie. Some here act as if the wrong model tank for the period depicted will cause them great personal harm. Other defend the film better than the 24th Regiment of Foot defended Rorke's Drift. I will pay my $$ and see the movie and hopefully be entertained, and if so, then it will be a success for me. I think people on both ends of the spectrum should lighten up and realize that this is just a movie, made for entertainment. The people making it are not perfect nor are they any better than the rest of us because of their 15 minutes of perceived fame... Brad Pitt is a good actor and from what I have seen the director is good as well. That being said, it will be on DVD for $13.00 at Wal-Mart by Christmas 2015 so lets not get all worked up. Scott

Very well put Sir! ;)

I'm waiting the film with mixed feelings:

- Pleasure / Impatient : I'm searching for years about 2nd armored div . Finaly this unit is highlighted and merit.

- Apprehension : I'm afraid to be disappointed as other movies in the past (approximate history, exotic uniforms, disguised vehicles) ... even if the first few images are promising

- Hope : I hope there will be no hype as with SPR or BOB, and everything about the 2nd armored does not suddenly become highly sought and very expensive....ransom of success...

I'm waiting the film with mixed feelings:
- Pleasure / Impatient : I'm searching for years about 2nd armored div . Finaly this unit is highlighted and merit.
- Apprehension : I'm afraid to be disappointed as other movies in the past (approximate history, exotic uniforms, disguised vehicles) ... even if the first few images are promising
- Hope : I hope there will be no hype as with SPR or BOB, and everything about the 2nd armored does not suddenly become highly sought and very expensive....ransom of success...

You made a very precipent point there Powerhouse

"- Hope : I hope there will be no hype as with SPR or BOB, and everything about the 2nd armored does not suddenly become highly sought and very expensive....ransom of success..."

Will have to see on that, lets hope not though.

I'm placing my original 2nd AD tanker's jacket in the bank until after the movie has been released...it's to supplement my pension fund.

I'm placing my original 2nd AD tanker's jacket in the bank until after the movie has been released...it's to supplement my pension fund.

We could very well see a 50s-early to mid 60s 2nd Arm Div decaled garrision liner now touted as a "WWII" :lol:

audacia cum prudentia

Just home for the weekend after filming and I will say that as an stitch counter and someone with a fair deal of 2nd Armored knowledge that I was so very glad I decided to participate in the end.

The props made by Rob would have had anyone on here with their jaw in the copious mud next to mine. They were simply as good as the real thing and indeed USEABLE as the real thing. The PERFECT 75mm and 76mm tubes and cloverleafs stacked in piles and scattered empty was a sight I never thought I would see, perfect even down the lead US seals. ( and all being broken apart, unloaded, and then burnt or crushed into the mud and smashed by Sherman tracks !!!! )

C ration cans opened by pulling the key off the top and winding the tops off,

30 cal. wood ammo boxes where you broke the seal, screwed the wing nuts off, removed the lid, pulled open the firmly sealed SPAM can and then passed out bandoliers full on inert rounds with card inserts, copies of STARS AND STRIPES from the week the filming is set, 10 in 1 boxes of such perfection, all with different MENU numbers, dates, manufactures, all metal banded with 4 smaller FIRST & SECOND HALF boxes within.

75mm and 76mm shells, so realistic to detail and weight that you couldn't tell they were copies until you picked them up,, 30 cal. boxes weighted to the correct weight.

The Sherman built as a filming device to double for the main tank is so realistic you can stand on it and think it is real ! I defy you to know which is the real and which is the fake.

We were trusted to use and complimented on our own kit and were given prominent on camera tasks with no direction such as "break down the bivouacs off your tanks and stow them to move out" and it's bloody hard work, remembering what you did, in exactly what place and doing it 98 times from 27 different camera angles.

I am not going to discuss the film etc., as we simply cannot do that out of trust but commenting on the militaria on there does no harm and I'd pay just to watch a 3 hour film of the fine details in the tank bivouac !

Sounds great! So...just as the British collectors' market was flooded with a ton of ex SPR and BoB props and uniforms etc, post-production, do you anticipate that some of the stuff you describe here will ultimately do likewise?

audacia cum prudentia

I have no idea mate, a lot of it has been destroyed already in the course of filming, For example, we were cutting the steel bands off and then smashing apart wooden crated cloverleafs, opening the cloverleafs, ripping the labels off the card tubes, pulling the shells out and burning the wood crates and throwing the seals, cloveleafs, tubes, sealing labels, wing nuts and rods into the mud which was so deep it was just sucking the stuff down and all the tanks moving around where crushing it al as well.

Such perfection to be destroyed so authentically in the name of art ! How I would have loved it all on a 2nd Armored Display

www.2ndarmoredineurope.co.uk

I have to agree with Jon; the attention to detail in terms of props was absolutely incredible. The medical supply tent was stacked floor to ceiling (or rather mud to ceiling) with boxes and crates, all created specifically for the film. Numerous original dressings were scattered around and it looked great in there. As Jon said, the ammunition boxes looked fantastic, and kudos to Rob for his outstanding attention to detail and workmanship on those.

Owen, nice talking to you yesterday and thanks for sorting out the missing R-14s that Wardrobe had overlooked. I know you're full on with the filming schedule for the next couple of weeks, but when you get five minutes, could you please send me across Ginge's details?

Thanks,

Ben.

Like Johnno and Ben have said..Owen great to meet you budy keep up the hectic hard but good work.....one tip guys dont look at it with your collective "they wouldnt have had that...wouldnt have done that....didnt wear that " heads on......go look at it as a late war armoured movie the likes of which you will never see again only in CGI land....its goona be good because thats what the whole production team want....the blood the guts the glory the generic detail...the general accuracy and the period "look".

Its gonna be a hell of a movie and i for one was glad to be a part of it.

Regards

Lloyd

vintageproductions

I was with Rob the day they finished the crates and were shipping them out.I was also watching him hand stamp and stencil each piece. I can say that it was a amazing site seeing all the tubes, crates, dummy ammo etc., sitting around. You kind of forgot it 2013....

owenpitt.jpg

Now would someone tell Owen to quit following Brad Pitt around and to put on some clean clothes....

Echo the above dudes! What a great week! For someone who works as a cameraman for a living, I can assure it is going to look spectacular.

Owen, great to meet another crass fan. In the most unlikely of places.

I was with Rob the day they finished the crates and were shipping them out.I was also watching him hand stamp and stencil each piece. I can say that it was a amazing site seeing all the tubes, crates, dummy ammo etc., sitting around. You kind of forgot it 2013....

attachicon.gifowenpitt.jpg

Now would someone tell Owen to quit following Brad Pitt around and to put on some clean clothes....

Admin...were you on site also ?

Saw Own and Rob....Great job Rob on the details...those cloverleafs look A1...? sorry i didnt meet you also

Regards

Lloyd

Bobgee......the storyline does seem good yes......the battalion tank park scenes that we did this week factored in a lot of smaller personal scenes and details and dilemmas that would have happened for real.....

Was good to be a part of it and work alongside my unit buddies doing what we "do" normally on our 2nd Armoured In Europe trips

regards

Lloyd

Was good to be a part of it and work alongside my unit buddies doing what we "do" normally on our 2nd Armoured In Europe trips

regards

Lloyd

Couldn't have put it better myself Lloydy, an absolute pleasure to spend the week with good company. Looking forward to the rest of the project :)

Regards,

Ben.

audacia cum prudentia

Just remember though lads, and genuinely no wishing to teach anyone to suck my eggs, but NO discussion of plot, storyline or anything else but the kit !