FURY

kammo-man

Here's Brad preparing for his role in "Fury". I think this is at The Tank Museum. If so, I rode in that very turret a couple of years ago!

Everything about this sounds great, and I've been thinking "131" since the first post hinting at it's appearance.

That said, someone please tell the powers at be that the german helmets/gas masks on the front of the sherman make a 99% perfect looking era sherman look like a stupid movie prop. Please do away with that absurd looking movie bling!

John :)

Owen, you misunderstand me. If you use photos are show obscure stuff that was rarely seen, you run into the problem of doing something that was rarely done, and possibly done only for the camera. Whereas if 95% of photos of tankers show them wearing "x" then maybe that's a good thing to do - just being different for different's sake is something I don't quite think is the right way to go for a movie. Sure, Put the star in three buckle leather boots and cavalry breeches. I'm sure someone wore that. But not a lot.

write a script that has really cool stuff and action in it that is not the same old thing, GREAT! That is where originality is really important. And I think its great for the Tiger to be used.

I ran into this on one film where the director found ONE photo of a guy dressed all crazy. He figured they all dressed like that. It some convincing to explain to him it was a 'one of' and possibly even set up as a 'cool shot.'

In any event this is all speculation until the final film is released. Hopefully we'll see some nice worn and muddy uniforms!

For the benefit of our American members who might be puzzled at the reference to "spending a penny" in the text. Time was when public toilets/restrooms in the UK required placing a penny (long since defunct) in a slot to access them. Thus the phrase "spending a penny" is a euphemism for "going to the bathroom", as you might say! Two nations...divided by a common language! :lol:

According to the "Fury" article I posted in its own thread, Brad Pitt plays "the commander of a DD Sherman tank".....well I hope he can swim!! :D

The quantity and quality of the uniforms and equipment up there was quite striking and the wool shirts, wool trousers, M43 uniforms and raincoats are really impressive, 2nd to none in fact..

Thank you! I take that as a compliment. I have to agree. The tanker jackets and trousers, M41s, sweaters, boots, and caps all look excellent too!

:D:rolleyes:

After the whole "black troops' controversy about them not being in SPR, and Spike Lee complaining about the lack of them in the Iwo films, and then his making of that horrible, horrible buffalo soldiers film, I hear the plans on Fury are to appease by using black MP's. of course, If they use the Corps level MP markings, as I was told, that's incorrect for everything except guarding the Corps HQ area (look it up).

I guess this is a lot better than Spike Lee getting angry and making ANOTHER really horrible war film.

Jon...it's a fact of life these days that historical accuracy is often sacrificed on the altar of "Political Correctness"....I've heard it called "inclusionism"! :o

It's about time someone did a movie showing how filthy tankers can get. Having been in a mech unit in the Army, that was something that always ticked me off, how clean tankers in war movies usually looked.

Only the film, "The Beast" seemed to come close from what I recall...

I also heard the tanker's helmets had to be re-stitched as the brims were improperly made, which makes me feel like someone actually does care what the uniforms look like. (and may make props from the film easier to authenticate!). So kudos for whomever got those remade.

Ah, Hollywood, you entertain us in so many ways.