FURY

kammo-man

Johan Willaert

Here is a picture of a Sherman crew wearing leggings.

Great picture... Note the camo scheme applied on the OD finish and round the USA number!!

audacia cum prudentia

The members of the www.2ndarmoredineurope.co.uk group went up to Pinewood studios on Friday for costume fitting. We had a specific time slot and had to turn up together. Every group member who has the available free time ( months and months ) and who put their name forward, has been cast as a front rank member of B Company 41st Armored Infantry, which to put it in perspective is like being a non speaking member of E Co 506 PIR in "BAND OF BROTHERS".

Those of us who have work commitments have been cast in other roles which largely reflect what we do on the 2nd Armored in Europe trips, except for Brian, " I just ride 'em I don't know what makes them work " P. who is miscast as a mechanic, Ben is a medic, as usual, Pete S. who has been seen sloshing the food out many a time is a cook, Lloyd S is tank crew and I am an intolerant, aggressive, loud mouthed, looting, deviant, bigot ( no sorry - actually a tank commander )

The quantity and quality of the uniforms and equipment up there was quite striking and the wool shirts, wool trousers, M43 uniforms and raincoats are really impressive, 2nd to none in fact.. The stowage and detailing on the tanks was much influenced by our tank owners who are on set for the whole shooting

We can't say much more but the first big shoot takes place in a weeks time, for a week and I am looking forward to staying u their with my mates and seeing what so many authentically stowed Shermans look like together

Picture from Oct 44 of a tanker in early cav boots.

Great pic

I think its Italy

Anone have the answer.

I have spotted it in a book about ten years ago.

The 3 strap boot pops up all over the place.

This movie has stuff in it that NO other WAR movie ever has had in it ............

For WW2 buffs it has many many layers of uniforms both US and German.

You will see things that only appear in obscure photos from the period.

Get ready .

owen

This movie has stuff in it that NO other WAR movie ever has had in it ............

For WW2 buffs it has many many layers of uniforms both US and German.

You will see things that only appear in obscure photos from the period.

Get ready .

owen

Such as German soldiers in Leibermuster!!!

For all the cammo weirdos.

If they use things from obscure war photos, then it makes me wonder they used obscure photos and not the generic, normally seen ones which represent 95% of what real life was like.

That being said, it can't be that bad as Dale Dye isn't involved (thank God!).

[please tell me he's not]

Huh, looks like someone made my last post from an inside track vanish. How nice.

The last script my source read has it that the story is late war, Pitt holding back a bunch of Germans, to include a Tiger (Bovington's - if Bovington continues to agree to the financial deal, which it really needs the cash so it will probably happen).

Apparently the usual infighting over budgets, script changes, etc. which is par for the course. This is where the rubber hits the road when it comes to a production. If the money's not there, then the money is just not there.

Jgawne,

Why use the same old tired images to construct a ground breaking War movie ?

Thats just pretty lazy ........

We have went to great lengths pulling never seen before images to include working with After The Battle sourcing never seen before images....of the conflict.

Now if you want us to make a generic war movie then this is not for you........but if you want something fresh ...then this is for you.

owen

Here's Bovington's Tiger 131 which Jon refers to above, photographed by me at this year's "Tankfest". I can't tell you how awesome it is close up and personal...the sheer bulk and the sound of that Maybach motor! The ground really does tremble as it drives by! If the producers can secure its services for the movie then it'll be a quantum leap forward from the T-34/Tiger used in SPR. Although it had "the look", what it lacked was the scale. I've stood along side it and seen it on the move...much smaller than the real deal!

post-8022-0-34381800-1380097535.jpg

audacia cum prudentia

As I said, we can't say much as we have been told directly NOT to say too much, but we were allowed to select all our own kit from the props/uniform department - one of whom is a 2nd Armored in Europe member- and we certainly don't look any different to we normally look portraying late war.

Are the extras the appropriate age to represent an Armoured Infantry Company or are we looking at people all 35 +. Uniforms may be accurate as long as the bodies filling them are the right size.

Rich

Are the extras the appropriate age to represent an Armoured Infantry Company or are we looking at people all 35 +. Uniforms may be accurate as long as the bodies filling them are the right size.

Rich

How old is Brad?! :D

audacia cum prudentia

Brad is 49, all our guys who are being armored infantry are the young members, they are the only ones who can spare the time necessary to do the whole B company shooting schedual. At the casting there were all ages, shapes, sizes and colours and as far as I can see not one of the buff, ripped, just out of the Army applicants got through and they did make a point of saying that there was a limited scope for black guys and only as QMC truck company and that guys who could not place their arms at their side due to muscle mass would be unlikely to be picked as it was not an accurate 1945 phsyique