FURY

kammo-man

Bob thanks for the link to Mr Ayers IMDB page. The movie sounds interesting and having a forum member actively involved is great. Had not realized Mr. Ayers hails from just down the road from me in Champaign, IL, home of the "Fighting Illini"

I note the cavalry boots. Is this just meant to make Brad Pitt's character "idiosyncratic"? It would be more appropriate if he wore HBT coveralls and a tanker jacket like the vast majority of tankers in WW2.

Perhaps his character is an old school pre-war cavalryman who wears them as sign of long service (I mean really, Pitt is 49 years old in real life...)

Johan Willaert

I note the cavalry boots. Is this just meant to make Brad Pitt's character "idiosyncratic"? It would be more appropriate if he wore HBT coveralls and a tanker jacket like the vast majority of tankers in WW2.

He needs the boots to carry his ammo mags... :D

Johan Willaert

All joking aside, the picture does indeed look good....

But ever since Saints&Soldiers I have been wondering what is so cool about wearing WW2 caps backwards...

Everybody knows the proper etiquette for hats in WWII was to flip the bill up and smoke a cig.

I'm the kind of guy that has an easier time reading stuff from the 1700s, or French, even Shakespeare, than twitter. Think I'll keep it that way. This forum is as social as I get.

audacia cum prudentia

Hello All,

Can't say much as we have been told not to put details on public media but suffice to say several 2nd Armored in Europe www.2ndarmoredineurope.co.uk tanks are participating in the film and several group members ( the self employed ones ! ) are advisors and trainers on the film.

A considerable number of other group members are participating in the film in addition. Several days have been spent at the main filming location and We are going to Pinewood Studios tomorrow for costume fitting.

This is the first time this scenario and time frame has been filmed since BRIDGE AT REMARGEN way back in 1968 and as many have said, it is NOT at last, about paratroopers, Rangers, 8th Airforce, Marines etc, ( no disrespect to the memory of those guys ) but is based around a non elite " common" unit.

I will also mention our major 2014 2nd Armored commemorative trip to France and Belgium on the 70th anniversary of the Breakout which will see the vehicles used in the film on the actual battlefields on the anniversary which quality re-enactors are invited to participate in.

Information can be obtained by emailing : [email protected]

Picture looks good, even if the boots are weird for the role. That being said, I have to tell a story my dad was told by a vet. Now, I think he was American (dad worked with a German WWII vet that emigrated), but the long story short is that he asked an Arab or colonial African soldier he was friendly with to get him a pair of enemy boots (I always pictured jackboots, but I doubt those were real practical in North Africa), and sure enough, the guy delivered. He just forgot to take he previous owners feet out of them first! Maybe brad's aren't that weird after all!