FURY

kammo-man

As far as the Battle of the Bulge movie strayed from what it should look like, I always preferred Kelly's Heroes. At least they're Shermans, and the Tigers are a darned good facsimile.

I can't wait to see this.

Never underestimate the power of producers and directors to add a major suck factor.

We shall see, I sure once it's finally released, it will get a thorough critique here.

Ah yes...the good ol' 60s when the German Army in the movies was equipped, almost exclusively, with American tanks and half-tracks painted grey with black/white crosses on their sides, but we went along with it (no choice really!) It's known as "the willing suspension of disbelief". Video games like "World of Tanks" demonstrate that tanks, like airplanes, can be convincingly CGI'd, but I'm not aware of any movies which have incorporated them (yet) However, I think we can safely assume that this movie will feature the real deal! ;)

Never underestimate the power of producers and directors to add a major suck factor.

As previously stated, refer to David Ayer's work, and the people he's got working on this. Very excited for this one.

Never underestimate a good story, good producers, good actors, and a good director.

I'm looking forward to it.

All I am saying is that you can have the best tech people in the world, and a producer or director walks on set and screws it all up, and there is nothing the poor tech advisor can do.

I have personally seen this happen. So never blame a tech advisor for errors in a film, as often they may have counseled against it. Directors "don't like how it looks" and producers "don't want to spend the money."

There is a chain of command in which the tech advisors are way down on the bottom. It is a business, a demented business, but a business. And business concerns come first. (or depending upon who you are talking to "art comes first").

Wonderful example here:

As far as the Battle of the Bulge movie strayed from what it should look like, I always preferred Kelly's Heroes. At least they're Shermans, and the Tigers are a darned good facsimile.

I can't wait to see this.

I second that. The Tigers in Kelly's Heros were mocked up T-34s I think.

I am thirlled to see a WWII movie coming out in any capacity at this point.

Never underestimate a good story, good producers, good actors, and a good director.

I always underestimate all three, as you rarely ever see any of the named above in Hollywood productions.

That said, I'm fine with being surprised. ;)

Here's Brad preparing for his role in "Fury". I think this is at The Tank Museum. If so, I rode in that very turret a couple of years ago!

post-8022-0-28674000-1378415238.jpg

Just heard from a buddy who was at the location filming near Bovington in Dorset, UK. He says that there were 10 Shermans there, all welded hull with different suspensions/turrets etc. They have a tank interior mock-up that uses a lot of original parts for interior filming and they have a converted tracked suspension with a Sherman hull mock-up and a camera platform around it to film shots on the move. He said too that Brad Pitt is a tall guy and that the director has done his homework interviewing 2nd Armored vets.

Tom Bowers

vintageproductions

Exactly, I have read part of the script for The Fury, and it grabbed my attention, which surprised me, and I wanted to see the rest.

U-571 was his first movie. Since then he has done many killer films including Training Day and End Of Watch. Plus in Jan. he has another great one coming out.

Alright guys, U-571 was an historical action film, it wasn't a history book; enjoy it for what it is; I do.

This (FURY) movie will be released 15 years after U-571, a lot has changed since then.