FURY

kammo-man

vostoktrading

This one Owen? Is it shooting yet? Sounds interesting.

http://collider.com/shia-labeouf-brad-pitt-fury/

"Writer/Director David Ayer, best known for his cop thrillers like TRAINING DAY and END OF WATCH, has sold his spec script for a WWII Tank movie, called FURY. QED International paid $1 million for the script and will produce the pic with Ayers behind the reins.

The story "takes place in 1945 as the Nazi regime collapses and the five man crew of an American tank called Fury battles a desperate German army." Sounds like a bit of a departure for Ayer, who usually leans toward the gritty, street-level type stories. However, it's to note that Ayer got his start by working on the Jonathan Mostow thriller U-571, so it's not exactly unheard of the filmmaker to jump back in time for his work..."

post-7885-0-10022400-1372499568.jpg

M24 Chaffee

This is very cool to know. I've wondered if they would ever make a WWII tanker movie. This could be really good with the right cast, director and hopefully attention to authenticity. Looking forward to it! Thanks for the heads up! Frank

vintageproductions

I have enjoyed the Director's other films so looking forward to this one.

• 1 month later...

I'm dismissing the hype comments and going straight to wondering where this'll be filmed and how much real equipment will be used? http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/brad-pitt-to-star-in-david-ayers-wwii-fury/

I hope this comes to pass, there are several projected big-bidget WW2 movies that are stuck in financing limbo (I know because I was associated with one that has been on-again-off-again for the better part of several years now, as a historical advisor).

But I love the fact that this will have nothing to do with Paratroopers, Marines, or any other 'high speed' type of unit and going with armor. We haven't had a movie about tankers in a very long time.

vintageproductions

This movie starts filming in September and will go through until Jan.

All the tanks and vehicles are real, and there is going to be a surprise piece of armor in the movie, that has never been filmed before and it is all original.

The costuming is dead on. Anna Sheppard who did the costuming for Schindler's List, The Pianists, BOB, Inglorious Basterds, etc, is the head costumer on this film. She spent a day here at my showroom going over details of the "stars" in the accessories they wear.

The Director David Ayers, is a "nut" for details, if you have seen any of his police films you will see that.

I am very excited to see this get done, and in fact will by flying over the England in Oct to watch one of the major scenes being filmed.

Plus one of own members here, has a major rule in the Production, and another member is filming the "Behind The Scenes, Making of", for Sony pictures.

Awesome, My dad was armored, he'll be thrilled to see this production done. There really hasn't been anything dealing heavily with armored since: The Battle of the Bulge in 1965, unless of course you think of Kelly's Hero's as an accurate portrayal of armored life. :)

doinworkinvans

So glad to see this and see that it's going away from all the typical Airborne and such. It'll be good to see some hard nosed tank action! Thank you for sharing!

Awesome, My dad was armored, he'll be thrilled to see this production done. There really hasn't been anything dealing heavily with armored since: The Battle of the Bulge in 1965, unless of course you think of Kelly's Hero's as an accurate portrayal of armored life. :)

Woof woof!

RustyCanteen

This may be the first time I looked forward to seeing a WWII film in a long time.

Sounds like it will be good.