North Vietnam unit citations or award banners

Bones

I picked these banners up some time ago from a dealer friend of mine. I have not scene anything like these posted yet so here goes. 3 out of the 4 have some translations I will provide. Hope they are accurate. I just thought they were cool so I had to have them.

Above the medal it says "Armed Forces for the liberation of South Vietnam".

Below " VC unit following the plan overran the target. This excellent tough unit will be always remembered. C-207 1968".

Notation states probably because they were destroyed and killed by US forces in 1968.

post-736-0-70332000-1372383906.jpg

Now this second one is twice the size of the rest and made of a shiny material. Higher ranking banner or citation?

Above the medal is says "Armored Forces for the liberation of South Vietnam".

Below the medal it says " To award the medal of determined liberation of Vietnam. Excellent fighting against US puppets". Battalion 14 Tay Ninh 1968.

Tay Ninh is a town 40 miles NW of Siagon, near the Cambodia border.

post-736-0-68325800-1372384337.jpg

Now that I look a little closer I see where there may have been a rod that went through the top of the banner to hang them. They are double sided but not embroidered on the back.

Above the medal it says " Armed Forces for the liberation of South Vietnam".

Below the medal it says " Armed Forces Star Phuoc Tuy, a province, Unit D445. Victory and Annilation of infantry of Austraila Nui Dat, a city, 1966

post-736-0-52909600-1372384718.jpg

Now this last one I do not have a translation for. I will see what I can come up with. Anyone who can shed some light on these banner feel free. I know the dealer I bought them from had quite a few of them but they were all different.

Above the medal it reads " Armed forces for the liberation of South Vietnam".

Now this is an educated guess using the other translations under the medal. " Armed forces star Quang Ngai province?, Unit 107. No idea on the bottom sentence.

post-736-0-95845000-1372385164.jpg

Okay... just a reminder to everyone, the Spoils of War section is for items identified as "bring backs".

As it says in the title of the forum: For bringback items found in duffle bags, footlockers, etc.

That means associated with a specific GI.

Banners like these were normally not issued during the wartime years when materials were scarce. These were generally issued around the 25th year celebration of the victory of the Communist forces. It's very unlikely they were GI bring backs. Of course, there is the possibility one returned as a tourist.