1917 Lewis Machine Gun magazine

2ndTo None

I am looking for a few items that would go with my grandfather's WW1 photos, letters and other papers for display. I would like to get a Lewis Machine Gun magazine, just the drum magazine for one of those items. He was the Captain of his Lewis MG crew while training at Quantico in 1917. Thought it might make a nice touch since trying to get an entire Lewis MG is probably impossible! Photo attached - Noyes Moore, 96th Co 6th Regiment, on left kneeling next to gun #8.

Does anyone know where I can get one? Thank you.

post-29214-0-97134400-1372205774.jpg

Brian Keith

Hello,

"Atlanta Cutlery" lists them in their catalog. I bought two a couple of years ago. They say they date to the WW II era, but would probably work for your tribute display.

Love the photo!

BKW

craig johnson

Here are a few photos of Lewis machine Gun Carts. There's a guy who sells these on EBAY but they are just Library Of Congess photos which is where I got these from.

10088v-L.jpg

10089v-L.jpg

10095v-L.jpg

10099v-L.jpg

I think you might enjoy seeing my US Navy Savage .303 Lewis gun and the box next to it. ( The gun is live, and is fully registered with the ATF.)

The gun:

post-41109-0-72664700-1372460896.jpg

post-41109-0-75756400-1372460939.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

My apologies for dragging up this old thread, but I have recently obtained one of the pictured Lewis MG Magazine boxes, and I would like to know if anyone has pictures showing the wooden spacers that go into the box below and above the magazines. It is a case of the "round peg in the square hole" putting the six round magazines in a rectangular box, solved by some spacers, which have been removed from my box, leaving only the screw holes in the box bottom and top. If anyone has pictures, measurements, info, etc. I would love to restore these spacers to my Lewis Magazine box.

Thanks in advance,

Taber