The Frontier Army in Kansas (and a Great Find!)

tsakers85

Last week my wife and I took a little holiday north of us to Kansas to tour the posts of the Frontier Army. We traveled 1100 miles in four days and had a great time.

Here are some snapshots from the trip!

Day One: Fort Scott

post-10442-0-05702200-1372193426.jpg

And the great find! Courtesy of Overlooked Military Antiques in Leavenworth, Kansas. A general officer's cup and saucer.

post-10442-0-39988000-1372194031.jpg

There's some great history at those old Indian Territory forts. We did a short tour of Leavenworth when I lived in Kansas City.

RustyCanteen

This is almost like taking a tour!

Thanks for sharing the great photos! Like Bob said, there is a lot of history there.

For flag officers, I think a blue flag is for Navy admirals. Army generals have red flags.

Air Force GO's use blue. Naval flags "circle" the stars.

What? You drive a big circle around me and don't call? Overlooked antiques is one of my favorite haunts, I'm surprised you didn't find more.

What? You drive a big circle around me and don't call? Overlooked antiques is one of my favorite haunts, I'm surprised you didn't find more.

Doh! I forget how many members we have in Kansas. I passed up an Airborne helmet with a GO helmet cover, could have been real but anyone can sew a star on something. They also had a GO tailcoat, but un-named.

Lots of Generals in that area. I have found a lot of Full Bird items there. Maybe I will have to go back and find the General helmet, let you know if I do.