Homrighous Wing grouping of Col. Ervin N. Townsend

Jack's Son

This group is going to the for sale section soon, anybody have any ideas of market value?  I could use to some help as i bought this as part of a larger lot of groups and not based on the value of a single group like this one, that and wings not really being my core I'm a bit lost.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

I guess if you can find the right guy, probably a few grand. I would put most of the value in the wings, obviously. The rest of the grouping is OK, but there is no combat, the logbook is mainly interwar, etc. Of course as with anyone else who might offer a replay, I'm solely looking at it from what I would consider paying for it if I was in the market for something like it.

rathbonemuseum.com

As pointed out the primary value is the wing. The biographical info and other insignia are not necessarily a lot of value but taken all together I would think the group would get a nice price. Especially with pictures of him wearing the wing in the photos. If you feel insecure about pricing it, you could try an auction and let market determine. I personally like interwar material as I find it more rare than wartime. Air Corps got quite small.

Good luck! That group was really well admired by this forum.

Cheers,

Tod

54 minutes ago, cwnorma said:

Just for completeness sake, the correct spelling of this badge maker is H. C. Homrighous:

Thanks, the original post was by another member and i didn't take the time to request a change.

This group is on it's way to it's new home. thank you all for your support.

54 minutes ago, cwnorma said: