B7 GOGGLES BY "AMERICAN OPTICAL"

littlebuddy

littlebuddy

My very latest purchase a pair of B7 goggles by American optical , ok , these need some new lenses but as they seem such a scarce item, i could just not resist !

i already have a pair of the Charles Fischer spring type and these are they other known varients if im correct

i will get some more pics up when they arrive

Carl

$T2eC16dHJGwFFZN8)ONKBRvlWzG4VQ~~60_57.J

hbtcoveralls

Very very nice and as you said, much harder to find than the AN-6530s. good score. I think the 6530 lenses will fit.

Tom Bowers

littlebuddy

Very very nice and as you said, much harder to find than the AN-6530s. good score. I think the 6530 lenses will fit.

Tom Bowers

thanks Tom !! im glad you took the time to comment on them ,

LB

• 2 weeks later...
littlebuddy

well Guys and Gals my second pair of b7'S arrived today im going to post a few pics of them next to the other pair i have so any comparisons can be made ,

"CHAS FISCHER SPRING CORP " PRODUCED GOGGLE

post-106122-0-11084800-1373483745.jpg

"THE AMERICAN OPTICAL" PRODUCED GOGGLE

post-106122-0-19273400-1373483756.jpg

There is a difference between the metal that is used the " AO" pair seem to be of a more nickel like metal, and there is also a slight difference in the castings above the bridge of the nose

littlebuddy

The main difference to be seen is in the " air vents"

the "CHAS FISCHER SPRING CORP" vent style

post-106122-0-02726300-1373484122.jpg

the "AMERICAN OPTICAL" vent style

post-106122-0-90332600-1373484135.jpg

littlebuddy

There is also a difference in the style of lettering used to denote the type of goggle

"CHAS FISCHER SPRING CORP"

post-106122-0-59390400-1373484388.jpg

"AMERICAN OPTICAL"

post-106122-0-28827600-1373484486.jpg

littlebuddy

The Chas Fischer type have there makers mark on the underside of the wearers left eyepiece

post-106122-0-80447500-1373484628.jpg

whereas there are no distinguishing makers logo on the American optical only a slight difference that they have some "extra" pin hole vents

post-106122-0-12284500-1373484739.jpg

littlebuddy

The American Optical lenses have the "AO " logo etched on the lens

post-106122-0-82755900-1373484846.jpg

Maybe in hind sight i should have included the AN6530 type goggle , to show the slight variation in designs between the types

If i have made any mistakes in any way , please let me know im always up for learning and gaining experiance

many thanks for taking the time to have a look at my post

LB

littlebuddy

The goggles don't need a new lens.....perfect asks!

Im lost with that quote JS ! :blink:

Great stuff Carl. I love seeing the difference in the lettering stamped on the two variants. Never noticed that before. Are you going to replace the lenses on the AO pair?

Excellent additions to your collection Carl....difficult to improve upon those. If you ever "lose interest" in them, you have my address.....! ;)

littlebuddy

Great stuff Carl. I love seeing the difference in the lettering stamped on the two variants. Never noticed that before. Are you going to replace the lenses on the AO pair?

Yes Rob i am , just waiting on them turning up in the post ! :)

thank you for your comment i hope you have found it some what interesting

Carl

littlebuddy

Excellent additions to your collection Carl....difficult to improve upon those. If you ever "lose interest" in them, you have my address.....! ;)

Yes i do have your address Ian , and your pockets and bags will be throughly checked if you ever come up here !!! :D i shall have to get the good lady Rachael make you assume the position and "frisk" you down ! :lol:

C

Yes i do have your address Ian , and your pockets and bags will be throughly checked if you ever come up here !!! :D i shall have to get the good lady Rachael make you assume the position and "frisk" you down ! :lol:

C

Ooo-err missus! Can't wait! ;)

littlebuddy

Isn't it amazing? 70+ years later and you can still get spare lenses for those goggles!

Yes Ian , amazing ! and most that are to be found ,seem to be still in their original issue paper wrapper .

Which leads me onto the subject of lenses for these type of goggles. I have seen the clear, amber and green tint for them ,

The Chas Fischer B7's in the photos , have what i think is a "plastic" type of lens whereas the American Optical type are glass.

Has anyone got any answers to this i would love to know !

many thanks

LB

littlebuddy

Oh Carl, just glue the lens.....nobody will ever notice! :)

do you think JS ?? :lol:

Be real careful when removing the cushions to replace the lenses, probably the high failure point in the goggles. They can sometimes stick to the frames from years of heat and humidity glueing them together a bit. I did a number on a set of AN goggles a while back, then had to order a replacement cushion.... felt like an idiot. Anyway just a tip.

I just want to make sure they are kept in pristine condition so they are perfect when you sell em to me..... ha....