POTSDAM PATCH JAPANESE MADE

firefighter

firefighter

Has anybody ever seen one of these before? I have seen the U.S. & German made ones but not a Japanese made version.This is from Bill Wise so I assume its a legit one.

• $(KGrHqFHJEIFGvnvCv-tBRwNwj7LKw~~60_14.J
  • $T2eC16RHJGsFFMtr+K8vBRwNwn88Iw~~60_14.J
RARE 1950'S JAPANESE MADE UN BLUE US MIL LIAISON MISSION TO POTSDAM PATCH

Patchcollector

Very cool!Unit patches can,and were made everywhere.This eBay seller always has interesting stuff for sale.

firefighter

Very cool!Unit patches can,and were made everywhere.This eBay seller always has interesting stuff for sale.

That he does.He's been selling it seems like forever and always had rare and interesting items.He use to do a mail auction.

WorldWarPatches

Makes no cents to me that a japan version of this patch even being made. But then again, I don't know much anyway.

vintageproductions

Why couldn't there be one made?

Look at the Hashimoto patch thread on here, and you can see why there were lots of patches that shouldn't have been Japanese made but were.

firefighter

Why couldn't there be one made?

Look at the Hashimoto patch thread on here, and you can see why there were lots of patches that shouldn't have been Japanese made but were.

Excellent point.

WorldWarPatches

Sure it might be Japan made but I don't think for wear by the military. Copy only is my feelings.

firefighter

Obviously not one of the 'controlled' patches but one that someone probably had made to commemorate their service or to be worn as a 'combat' type patch.Still an interesting patch IMHO.

Firefighter is correct almost all of the European unit patches Japanese made are for the right shoulder former unit insignia.Scotty