Type D1 Glasses ,sun

littlebuddy

littlebuddy

just thought id post a pic of my latest purchase , a pair of usaac Type D1 Glasses, sun

theses were the forerunner of the AN6531 TYPE if im correct in saying

$T2eC16J,!y8E9s2figVTBRsKLkOZzQ~~60_57.J

littlebuddy

yes Ian and much more expensive :o im glad its nearly my birthday so i have an excuse :lol:

littlebuddy

Thanks Rev Jake have you many pairs ?? these were the first i have seen for sale

LB

ReverendJake

Thanks Rev Jake have you many pairs ?? these were the first i have seen for sale

LB

I don't have any D1's, but I have examples of most other issued flyer's glasses. I've seen a few sell on E-bay and I saw a pair at a show a year or two ago. I really love the hinged frames on these, there are a couple of similar civilian frames from the same time made by Rock-Glas and a couple other companies. They were marketed as shooting glasses and motorcycle glasses.

littlebuddy

i have seen a pair made by ROCK-GLAS i thought that they were D1'S until i got a closer look !!

• 6 months later...

I don't know what has happened to the photo I originally posted ??? ill try and find it here and post it again !!

LB

I'd love to see 'em. I have two pair and really like them. I fear in the collector world the idea that if you don't have AN-6531s then you don't have true "aviators".

Dave

D1s. Actually listed in the Class 13 catalog as goggles. But they are the original aviators. I wish there was someone out there making a repro set so I could have a pair for daily use because I like the style so much. Easily identified by the USAC bridge.

post-112555-0-09511400-1390268653.jpg

post-112555-0-44527400-1390268657.jpg

post-112555-0-29700900-1390268663.jpg

post-112555-0-58365100-1390268667.jpg

• 11 months later...

Have a few pair of these myself.Found most at flea markets.One set has blue lenses.Think they were $15.Thats the most I ever gave for a set.Mine maybe the civilian version(s).