Three US Military Drill Rifles

SoloDallas

I really love the M1903 rifle. I find it the most classic bolt action rifle of all times. I like the Mauser k98k too, but the M1903 surpasses it (for me).

So I started collecting beyond the real steel firing ones (I have two so far).

I've gotten into the (vintage) parade/drill ones, too.

Displayed here for you (from top to bottom, demilled 1903A3 "chrome"; Philadelphia US Training Rifle, 1917; 1942 Parris-Dunn US Navy training rifle).

9095856063_5a20dc0bb8_o.jpg
G93R7477 by SoloDallas, on Flickr

Sweet man. I like you, love the 03. It's a great weapon and very accurate in the hands of a skilled marksman.

Really nice collection.

Sweet man. I like you, love the 03. It's a great weapon and very accurate in the hands of a skilled marksman.

Really nice collection.

Thanks!

And I agree with you completely. Not only that: it's with THESE rifles that one should become a skilled marskman. No easy caliber (unless the body demands it of course, that is).

Start with a 30 aught-six and work our way... down :D

Best,

SD

Nice rifles you have there. However, the slings are not installed right. Here are some instructions for the installation of the M1907 sling on a rifle: http://www.90thidpg.us/Equipment/Weapons/M1907Sling/ I am not trying to be condescending, just being helpful toward improving your display. You might also rub some baseball glove oil into the slings to soften them up.

Nice rifles you have there. However, the slings are not installed right. Here are some instructions for the installation of the M1907 sling on a rifle: http://www.90thidpg.us/Equipment/Weapons/M1907Sling/ I am not trying to be condescending, just being helpful toward improving your display. You might also rub some baseball glove oil into the slings to soften them up.

Thank you so much - will re-install.

It's confusing isn't it!

Thanks again,

SD ;)