Repaied USMC collar disk?

dutchbarge

Hello, Can't say for sure but it looks like the post may have been re-soldered? What do the members think? Cheers, Bill

post-27187-0-36347700-1371587274.jpg

post-27187-0-91222100-1371587283.jpg

I guess I don't see what you mean. Nothing about the picture or the seller gives me pause. Why do you think it has been re-soldered?

Hello, Can't say for sure but it looks like the post may have been re-soldered? What do the members think? Cheers, Bill

How would being re-soldered make it a fake?

I guess I don't see what you mean. Nothing about the picture or the seller gives me pause. Why do you think it has been re-soldered

In the photo of the reverse side of the disk there appears to be solder around the base of the post. It's not a very clear photo and I may be reading more into the photo than is there. But just the same, I am interested in what the members think. Cheers, Bill

How would being re-soldered make it a fake

I'm not suggesting that it is a fake, but rather asking the members opinion on whether or not it has been repaired. Cheers, Bill

I'm not suggesting that it is a fake, but rather asking the members opinion on whether or not it has been repaired. Cheers, Bill

The reason I asked is because it's posted in the FAKE ALERTS forum ....

No, it looks good. As for the solder or leading on the back, I'm sure that is very common on collar disks. I have a few that the solder is applied in excess and there is a spot where that's shows. Here is a USNA disk I have and it has the same issue. I do not know if these are made in 4 pieces. The disk, post, keeper and nut. I guess if the keeper and nut are made separate, there would be a gap where the solder would squeeze through during assembly. But this got way out of my price range about $40 ago. Good luck bidding!

post-104697-13717513266883.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

The reason I asked is because it's posted in the FAKE ALERTS forum ....

Not anymore, it now resides in EGA discussion.