Korean War era ribbons need ID help

TRR

Well I tried and failed to ID these ribbons I just received in a new lot.

I thought maybe Young Marines, but only one ribbon was even close. Also what is the eagle attachment?-I could not find any reference to that as well. They are mostly metal backed ribbons mounted on 1950 patent ribbon bars. The lot was a mix of Army and USCG, but I don't think they are Army related so maybe Coast Guard?

Any help is appreciated.

post-110009-0-38315300-1371511840.jpg

Spent most of the night looking for an answer. No luck. This one has me stumped. The good news is everyone at work thinks I've been just working away. Little to they know.

Well, 3, 4, 5, and 6 look like the Air Force Junior ROTC ribbons (2000 version):

#2 Recruiting Ribbon

#3 Dress & Appearance Ribbon

#5 Orienteering Competition Ribbon

#6 Attendance Ribbon

The eagle device is used on the Rhode Island National Guard Ribbons, which #1 and #6 look like (can't find a match to #8):

#1 RI NG World War 2 Service Medal (obsolete)

#6 RI NG World War 2 Reserve Service Medal (obsolete)

Hope it helps.

Thanks everyone for trying to find the answers.

I do not believe they are USCG Aux ribbons. Here is a chart for comparison:

post-110009-0-13736100-1371573874.gifpost-110009-0-48663800-1371573982.jpg

Well, 3, 4, 5, and 6 look like the Air Force Junior ROTC ribbons (2000 version):

#2 Recruiting Ribbon

#3 Dress & Appearance Ribbon

#5 Orienteering Competition Ribbon

#6 Attendance Ribbon

AF JROTC...you may be on to something as that is the closest yet! The only one I don't think adds up is the recruiting ribbon (lack of white between colors). Maybe the rest were specific school related or from competitions?

post-110009-0-99593900-1371577880.jpgpost-110009-0-74143200-1371577946.jpg

The eagle device is used on the Rhode Island National Guard Ribbons, which #1 and #6 look like (can't find a match to #8):

#1 RI NG World War 2 Service Medal (obsolete)

#6 RI NG World War 2 Reserve Service Medal (obsolete)

I was not able to find an example of the eagle on a RI NG ribbon. The colors for #1 do not match, the outside is black on this ribbon and blue on the RI ribbon. Also, #6 the ribbon is orange on the outside, the RI ribbon is yellow. Thank you for taking your time to find the ID for these.

post-110009-0-72093700-1371578348.gifpost-110009-0-18182100-1371578355.jpg

Spent most of the night looking for an answer. No luck. This one has me stumped. The good news is everyone at work thinks I've been just working away. Little to they know.

Glad you got some "work" done :) It has been interesting trying to track them down. Thanks!

AF JROTC...you may be on to something as that is the closest yet! The only one I don't think adds up is the recruiting ribbon (lack of white between colors). Maybe the rest were specific school related or from competitions?

attachicon.gifafjrotc.jpgattachicon.gifscan0002.jpg

Sorry, you're right. It's not the AF J-ROTC recruiting ribbon, it looks like the Arnold Air Society Membership ribbon.

I was not able to find an example of the eagle on a RI NG ribbon. The colors for #1 do not match, the outside is black on this ribbon and blue on the RI ribbon. Also, #6 the ribbon is orange on the outside, the RI ribbon is yellow. Thank you for taking your time to find the ID for these.

attachicon.gifNgri.gifattachicon.gifscan0002.jpg

You might be right about the colors. I haven't seen an eagle on a RI NG ribbon, but according to http://www.frontiernet.net/~ericbush/US/NG/Ng_attac.htm a gold-enameled/gold/gold-unenameled eagle device is authorized for 41 (Rhode Island NG) (and Gold eagle for 50 as well, West Virginia NG)

Sorry, you're right. It's not the AF J-ROTC recruiting ribbon, it looks like the Arnold Air Society Membership ribbon.

You are right! So it looks to be a set from an Air Force JROTC Cadet. Now to track down the rest...that may be mission impossible.

Here is a chart with the Arnold Air Society ribbons:

post-110009-0-47369300-1371583464.jpgpost-110009-0-15520900-1371583469.jpg

You might be right about the colors. I haven't seen an eagle on a RI NG ribbon, but according to http://www.frontiernet.net/~ericbush/US/NG/Ng_attac.htm a gold-enameled/gold/gold-unenameled eagle device is authorized for 41 (Rhode Island NG) (and Gold eagle for 50 as well, West Virginia NG)

Interesting that I cannot find a picture, but it is listed as a 25 year device on John Duchesneau's site. I think it is safe to say none of these are going to be NG ribbons because I would not think they would be mixed; the bars are intact and not put-together. Thanks again for the work.