• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Name That War Film

Correcto! Garandomatic.

'A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon'

Always looking for Vietnam War US Special Forces/MACV-SOG jungle shirts/uniforms and OG107 Shirts/uniforms.

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The man in the Grey Flannel Suit

That's right, Gregory Pecks a WWII vet with emotional problems stemming from his service, as he struggles with his 50s Corporate job in Manhattan. The unit he was in was the 509th PIB, curiously, the unit fights in the Pacific too (Shades of Objective Burma?) :lol:

In this image we can just see in the background the 509th's Ginger Bread man patch, but this image was the only one I could find.

Speaking of 'All Quiet on the Western Front'...

All-Quiet-Hands.jpg

That scene of the guy having his hands blown off on the wire, still hanging there, is a haunting image even today. I can't imagine how that must have impacted (no joke intended) audiences in 1930.

Lee Bishop Formerly known as "Ratchet 5" with the 2nd Infantry Division (yes, in REAL life)

US WW2 War Correspondent collector

Glory.

Ray

That's right, Bob Gunton as General Charles G. Harker.

Gunton I've found out just today is a Vietnam combat Infantry veteran, fought in C Co 2/501 Infantry, 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile) in 1969-70, he apparently was with the battalion in the Battle of Fire Base Ripcord.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1928&dat=19791012&id=l2EgAAAAIBAJ&sjid=xWUFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2669,2423154&hl=en

• 3 weeks later...