Name That War Film

TasmanianDevil

Suspiciously like Island X in "the Fighting Seabees"

No, that's not the movie, either. The movie is set in the same side of the world as each of the movies that have been suggested thus far. Here are two other screencaps:

post-2064-0-49157400-1377105612.jpg

post-2064-0-69385600-1377105627.jpg

No, that's not the movie, either. The movie is set in the same side of the world as each of the movies that have been suggested thus far. Here are two other screencaps:

So Proudly We Hail

• 3 weeks later...

That one is Eight Iron Men. Bonar Colleano is actor peering over the rubble.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight_Iron_Men

More on Colleano from an early post of mine, in the Fake Hollywood patches topic.

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

Found this one basicaly by Accident as we see it is a complete dummy of a Shoulder Patch, the Actor on the left is one Bonar Colleano, despite the Italian last name Bonar Colleano was also half an Irishman post-34986-0-09309900-1378961119.gif his Da was Irish, his Ma Italian of Australian citizenship nee Colleano. Born in NYC with the last name Sullivan his Fathers surname, Bonar is actualy an Irish given name. Colleano was a stage name he took up when he went to England and worked with his mother's family at a Circus, the Family Colleano. I can't really tell for which movie this is but that actor on the right I sure I,ve seen before, I think he was also one of the Marines in the Sands of Iwo Jima, remember the one with the small American flag he would carry around tucked in to his dungeree shirt. Bonar Colleano was in a few Movies in the 40s, 50s most notable one being a role in Stairway to Heaven as the now dead in Heaven wise cracking Army Air Corps pilot.
Attached Images
  • post-34986-1343619463.jpg

Correct!

I just watched it this morning.

Brian Keith as an Irish intelegence officer. There is a joke in there some where. :rolleyes:

That's right, but Keiths charactor, while being Irish was in fact a British Serving Officer sent to the POW Camp as an investigator, probably seconed to the Military Provost Staff Corps, the M.P.C.S. from the Royal Ulster Rifles, note the cap badge an Black Pips of a Rifles Officer.

More on Colleano from an early post of mine, in the Fake Hollywood patches topic.

Found this one basicaly by Accident as we see it is a complete dummy of a Shoulder Patch, the Actor on the left is one Bonar Colleano, despite the Italian last name Bonar Colleano was also half an Irishman attachicon.gifemoticon woot.gif his Da was Irish, his Ma Italian of Australian citizenship nee Colleano. Born in NYC with the last name Sullivan his Fathers surname, Bonar is actualy an Irish given name. Colleano was a stage name he took up when he went to England and worked with his mother's family at a Circus, the Family Colleano. I can't really tell for which movie this is but that actor on the right I sure I,ve seen before, I think he was also one of the Marines in the Sands of Iwo Jima, remember the one with the small American flag he would carry around tucked in to his dungeree shirt. Bonar Colleano was in a few Movies in the 40s, 50s most notable one being a role in Stairway to Heaven as the now dead in Heaven wise cracking Army Air Corps pilot.
Attached Images

Umm, Walley Cassell as Pvt Benny Raggazi was the Marine with the small US flag in Sands of Iwo Jima.

Found this one basicaly by Accident as we see it is a complete dummy of a Shoulder Patch, the Actor on the left is one Bonar Colleano, despite the Italian last name Bonar Colleano was also half an Irishman attachicon.gifemoticon woot.gif his Da was Irish, his Ma Italian of Australian citizenship nee Colleano. Born in NYC with the last name Sullivan his Fathers surname, Bonar is actualy an Irish given name. Colleano was a stage name he took up when he went to England and worked with his mother's family at a Circus, the Family Colleano. I can't really tell for which movie this is but that actor on the right I sure I,ve seen before, I think he was also one of the Marines in the Sands of Iwo Jima, remember the one with the small American flag he would carry around tucked in to his dungeree shirt. Bonar Colleano was in a few Movies in the 40s, 50s most notable one being a role in Stairway to Heaven as the now dead in Heaven wise cracking Army Air Corps pilot.
Attached Images

CORRECT!

post-629-0-01798800-1378998948.jpg

post-629-0-82322300-1378998955.jpg

Not Wally Cassell, unless he was in an uncredited role the this Movie Sleeping Car to Trieste with Colleano, it does kinda look like Cassell doesn't it.

Cassell is still alive! 98 years old.

There he is second from the left in the Sands of Iwo Jima, right at the end of the movie.

post-34986-0-64100000-1379015528.jpg

His IMDB, he was a quite a few War Movies as we know.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0144082/

and his wiki, on wiki it says he was born in Sicliy and came here at the age of two.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wally_Cassell

Ah man, I didn't think anyone would get it that fast :lol:

Yes indeede.

Here one more from Ambush Bay.

Mickey Rooney

Come and Get It You Dirty Bastards! :lol:

Mickey Rooney is too short to be Gunnery Sgt. during WWII he's only 5' ft 2"

Not Wally Cassell, unless he was in an uncredited role the this Movie Sleeping Car to Trieste with Colleano, it does kinda look like Cassell doesn't it.

Cassell is still alive! 98 years old.

There he is second from the left in the Sands of Iwo Jima, right at the end of the movie.

attachicon.gifSands of Iwo Jima.jpg

His IMDB, he was a quite a few War Movies as we know.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0144082/

and his wiki, on wiki it says he was born in Sicliy and came here at the age of two.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wally_Cassell

You didn't catch what I said, Bonar isn't the Marine with the small flag, Cassell was

Right Linedog not Colleano, but the other actor in the still with him, it may be Cassell with Colleano, in one of Wally Cassel's bio pages it does state he did a lot of uncredted rolls.

Hey that a good find BOLO, thank's for posting that Ambush Bay trailer, It was cool the scene with Mickey Rooney and the Frags was there, that was a pretty good, a memorable one. Don't you just love the dialog of the trailer :lol:

Hey that a good find BOLO, thank's for posting that Ambush Bay trailer, It was cool the scene with Mickey Rooney and the Frags was there, that was a pretty good, a memorable one. Don't you just love the dialog of the trailer :lol:

patches, I just noticed something during the narration they say Gunnery Sgt Ernest Wartall is a Korea Marine? but the movie was supposed to be during WWII fighting the Japanese in the Philippine islands? the Korean war was after WWII so how could Mickey Rooney be a Korea Marine?

patches, I just noticed something during the narration they say Gunnery Sgt Ernest Wartall is a Korea Marine? but the movie was supposed to be during WWII fighting the Japanese in the Philippine islands? the Korean war was after WWII so how could Mickey Rooney be a Korea Marine?

Yes I noticed that too, a major script error, I think they mean't to say.......China Marine :lol: